Droid X 2.2help

Keyez

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody would recommend updating to the leaked 2.2 version of the droid x, because I still have not been updated to 2.2 OTA. I read somewhere that if upgraded to the leaked version, you will not be updated to the official version. Does this matter? Please help me. P.S. I am new to android, but am very familiar with modding and phones and most of this.

bitter

Reaction score
If you root and use the leaked 2.2, the only way to downgrade and get the official OTA would be the flash the .sbf file. In my opinion, it's not worth it because the leaked 2.2 has tons of bugs.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
So if you don't use the bootstrap recovery can you not just use the normal recovery and do the update with zip like the initial froyo leak?

Sorry mean to post this on the thread Bxrider started, didn't mean to hijack. Disreguard this one.

xlivewire7x

Reaction score
I'm not sure how good the release is by P3Droid but I would not recommend updating to the leaked 2.2. I upgraded to it twice (once to just normal leaked Froyo, and the second time to the FlyX Rom) and I had a lot of bugs including lots of force closes, video playback issues, and some other minor bugs that took away from the whole phone's experience. I will probably wait until the OTA 2.2 is released to update, and when that gets released I'm sure more stable ROMs will follow as well.