Making my own SBF and having one for 2.2 unrooted?

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if there was a sbf for version 2.2 and system version 2.3.15 out there. Reason why I was wondering for this version, is because I noticed after you upgrade to the official 2.2 latest system version, you can not downgrade to 2.1 and I use to use this method, until I found this site ( MyDroidWorld - Droid X Owners: DO NOT SBF BACK TO 2.1 FOR ANY REASON AFTER OFFICIAL UPGRADE TO 2.2 ). Before I upgraded to the latest official system version, I used the leaked version of 2.2 and the SBF back to 2.1, worked, but I'm afraid to attempt it with the latest official update because of all the warnings leading and saying not to. So I was wondering, if there was a SBF I could use to back up to a unrooted 2.2 system version that will allow me to check for updates and get the latest update for 2.2 system version.

As well as I was wondering, if I could make my own SBF of my phone that is on the latest system version for 2.2 that is rooted, so then I would not lose anything that I have saved/root access.

Thanks for answering, if can. :p

OP
A

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
Hi, is this the wrong section to post my question? Lol or can no one answer it?

specmac

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Google "VRZ_MB810_2.3.15_1FF_01.sbf" that's the file you need to SBF back to the stock OTA 2.2 image.

OP
A

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
Yeah, I sorta found something about the new official 2.2 sbf to unroot my droid by myself... lol but thanks for the late replys. :p

So I'm guessing I can't sbf myself huh? oh well so there is nothing else that I could do to keep everything that I downloaded and placed on my phone, including being root? I'd just want this if I messed up my phone because I try different things at times that sometimes.... screws it up. xD

Edit:
Oh, yeah, since I have some people noticing my thread, I was wondering what would happen to a rooted phone if it gets an update by checking updates for the phone? I've deleted some apps on this phone and I have made back ups to most of them but a few I haven't. Also will an update unroot me or would it screw up and stick at the eye because I've deleted some apps?
I really hate trying to root back lol it takes my phone 3 tries or more to notice the adb shell commands.

Last edited:
OP
A

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. How about will it unroot me if I do update
and also if the update "fails", will it screw up the phone and stick at the eye, or will it load up as normal?

Also, the app that I didn't save, was the question mark app idk the name of it it has a ? in the main menu list... Would that be hard to get?

Oh, and when I put the stock apps back on should I just install them or do I have to move the .apk and the .odex back into the system/app folder?

Edit:
Oh and redding-7648-signed-zipped is the kindle app, right?

Last edited:

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Google "VRZ_MB810_2.3.15_1FF_01.sbf" that's the file you need to SBF back to the stock OTA 2.2 image.

+1
This is the file you need to SBF back to stock OTA 2.2
If you are rooted, it does not matter. However, if you are missing apps, that will matter!
Since you are on the official 2.2 OTA, your bootloader will work with the above mentioned SBF.
It WILL put everything back to stock and unroot you. You shouldnt have to, but is recommended to do a factory reset after SBF'ing. Of course you;ll have to reinstall apps, settings etc. But it may help it making sure evrything is kosher for the new update.

If you need the SBF, let me know. I can PM you the link on my server as we are not allowed to share them publicly here.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Most of that's over my pay grade. :)

I'm sure most of these questions have been answered over on the Droid X Forum. I don't think any of our x-perts are around tonight, so I can't pester them, but if you want to dig over there I'm sure you'll find everything you need.

Droid X Forum

OP
A

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score

+1
This is the file you need to SBF back to stock OTA 2.2
If you are rooted, it does not matter. However, if you are missing apps, that will matter!
Since you are on the official 2.2 OTA, your bootloader will work with the above mentioned SBF.
It WILL put everything back to stock and unroot you. You shouldnt have to, but is recommended to do a factory reset after SBF'ing. Of course you;ll have to reinstall apps, settings etc. But it may help it making sure evrything is kosher for the new update.

If you need the SBF, let me know. I can PM you the link on my server as we are not allowed to share them publicly here.

I got the sbf, and as far as I know when I did sbf when I had the leaked 2.2 update, you didn't need to do a factory reset I just erased everything in the recovery(I guess that's the same as factory reset though lol..).

My question though now, is this quote of mine underneath. plz answer if can. :p

Thanks for the quick reply. How about will it unroot me if I do update
and also if the update "fails", will it screw up the phone and stick at the eye, or will it load up as normal?

Also, the app that I didn't save, was the question mark app idk the name of it it has a ? in the main menu list... Would that be hard to get?

Oh, and when I put the stock apps back on should I just install them or do I have to move the .apk and the .odex back into the system/app folder?

Edit:
Oh and redding-7648-signed-zipped is the kindle app, right?

Most of that's over my pay grade. :)

I'm sure most of these questions have been answered over on the Droid X Forum. I don't think any of our x-perts are around tonight, so I can't pester them, but if you want to dig over there I'm sure you'll find everything you need.

Droid X Forum

I will do that, thanks. off-subject, about your sig. I have the wifi one, but is the wired one better on internet speed, and if so where can I get this I did not see it on the market. I did see the dl on the site i didn't know if was safe to download or if I really needed it.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Two answers. One, it's from the Google Code servers -- if it wasn't safe they wouldn't host it (and the version for the WiFi is much more recent than the one in the market which is months out of date). Two, USB isn't any slower; and it doesn't drain your battery while you're tethering.

OP
A

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
Thanks, I guess I'll stop bothering you now and ask somewhere else. lol and um idk why the wifi tethering from the market would be out of date because yours says 2.3 but it's pre and mine's 2.0.2(Evolution) Also could be a different one not sure....

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
The latest ones are pre-release releases (don't ask me, I didn't name them ;)) for the 2.0.5 version and the one on the market are all based on the stable release of 2.0.2 -- many new features in the pre versions on the server. :)