Droid won't play mp3s

derrtywater

Reaction score
my droid won't play mp3s anymore except for a few min when I turn it on. Otherwise if I try to play a song it says player does not support this file type, and my ringtones don't play when my phone/alarm ring. Any clue what's up with this?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have this issue if I dont restart my phone at least once a week but it is very odd that it would happen with any frequency. Do Youtube vids play or do you get the same message?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What method or app did you use to download your mp3s to your phone?

DroidForums junkie!

OP
D

derrtywater

Reaction score
I've used fildo to download songs, downloaded some from my comp, and have had problems watching youtube videos when it happens.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just wanted to make sure you weren't using an app I know causes problems. As Spaz said, have you tried rebooting?

I've used fildo to download songs, downloaded some from my comp, and have had problems watching youtube videos when it happens.

DroidForums junkie!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If its giving you the error message on all media including ringtones not playing then its a somewhat known issue and rebooting should fix it. But it sounds like your issues start fairly quickly after boot?

OP
D

derrtywater

Reaction score
Ya everytime I restart my phone they work for a anywhere from an hour to a day, then I have to restart. Really annoying when your alarm doesn't make sound lol

MrsStevens

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. From what I've found, it has to do with the Froyo update. (I'm also having issues with my camera, not sure if it's related.) I'm glad you posted about the sound "fixing" itself with a phone restart. I've been reinstalling my apps one-by-one, and restarting to see if it had to do with the apps interfering.

SMALLS09

Reaction score
Same exact problem here. I'll send myself a ringtone for Myxer or something and try to use it as a ringtone. It will play for a few minutes, then it give me the same error message.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No need to use myxer or even mytinyphone. Just grab "Ringtone (not plural)" from the market.

Same exact problem here. I'll send myself a ringtone for Myxer or something and try to use it as a ringtone. It will play for a few minutes, then it give me the same error message.

DroidForums junkie!!

pkbest

Reaction score
I have the problem with Alarm playing sound after while, however, using clock's alarm it doesn't happen though. Not really used my D2 for an MP3 player and never had problems with Youtube, so not sure on that. Someone said it has to do with Froyo.. maybe thats true. Not sure.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Not sure, I've been rooted since 2.1. As far as music goes, I use Tunee Music myself (no longer in market).

I have the problem with Alarm playing sound after while, however, using clock's alarm it doesn't happen though. Not really used my D2 for an MP3 player and never had problems with Youtube, so not sure on that. Someone said it has to do with Froyo.. maybe thats true. Not sure.

DroidForums junkie!!