Some mp3s won't show OR play

Lionkeeper

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto G1 1st gen
I have a moto G1 1st gen that I use only for the timer and playing mp3s. There is one I want to play but it won't recognize it for some reason. If the phone is connected to the computer, I see it on the phone with the other mp3s that will play. But if I look at the music on the phone, it isn't there. I have had this problem before with a different Moto G1 1st gen, and I thought it was broken and bought another.
I am NOT anything approaching an expert and don't even use a smart phone as a phone; I literally only use it for the timer and the mp3 player. It was a whole lot cheaper to buy than an actual player, and for the ones it works for, it is fine. I just can't figure out why it doesn't even recognize this one, which plays fine on my computer.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Welcome to the forum. I used Moto phones for years, had a similar problem once. It was long ago and I don't remember off the top of my head if I ever figured out a solution or just ignored that one song? If I do remember I will post it here

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
When you have the phone hooked to the PC, and you browse to it, does it play the song if you open it from the PC file browser? You say you can *see* it, but can you play it from there?