Why is my phone playing random songs as it's Notification tone?

GotNoRice

Reaction score
I've had my phone since Christmas. I set a custom notification tone.

I also have a folder on the phone with music for when I use my phone as a portable music player.

The problem is that occasionally, instead of playing my notification ring tone, sometimes it randomly chooses a song from my phone and starts playing it instead.

It's rather annoying and quite embarrassing, as my intended notification tone is a quick brief sound and so I tend to have it set loud - not intending that it's going to start blasting 30 seconds of some random song instead.

I'm about ready to throw in the towel and just delete all the MP3s off my phone, but it really bugs me that it won't just use the tone that I tell it to use.

Any idea why it's randomly playing music that I didn't choose as my notification tone and not my selected tone?

newk8600

Reaction score
Any chance you are using a task killer? I think I read somewhere of someone with the same problem and uninstalling the task killer fixed it.

louy99

Reaction score
Do you use zedge?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

truckrod

Reaction score
Sounds like a app conflict go to your music app or sms app and clear cache! and also look in the sd card on media/notification scroll threw and make sure none of the songs are in there
i have also found if the phone is plugged into the usb cable to the pc now and then it would do this ! so what i found would fix was a reboot every time after the usb connection was done even if i did eject from pc