Droid vs Nexus One ...video review

iPirate

Reaction score
Pirate from what I've read the OLED doesnt fare well in sunlight at all.As for @ 6:36 it actually doesnt go to home lol they switch cam view to cover it up.:icon_ banana:
Oh, well I'll check that before I buy a phone with OLED then, thanks.

Elysian

Reaction score
She claims the Nexus One is smoother in 3d games, yet "about the same framerate"??? And then, a massive hitch on the Nexus One as it skips about 10 frames :lol: She also claimed it loaded faster, but if it did, it was within 1 second, the Droid and Nexus One, from her own video, looked to be pretty much on par speed wise. Even the gallery app runs smoothly on the Droid. The AMOLED screen on the Nexus One is nicer, but IMO the Droid is still the nicer phone. All subjective, I know, but this video doesn't make the Snapdragon processor look like the processor to have.

natty_lite

Reaction score
about 6:36 you will notice the problem with the calibration with the bottom 4 keys on the Nexus. Doesn't register unless you press above the key.

Good video nontheless...it would be nice to see the Droid run 2.1
This is a very real problem. I'm watching a different head to head video on another site, and the reviewer is having to press home multiple times to get the button to register. I remember I had a similar problem back when I owned a Samsung Instinct, nearly drove me mad.

@Elysian
LOL, I caught that too. If the framerate is same, then why would it be any smoother? This is exactly what I mean about how subjective these reviews are.

Last edited:

Elysian

Reaction score
about 6:36 you will notice the problem with the calibration with the bottom 4 keys on the Nexus. Doesn't register unless you press above the key.

Good video nontheless...it would be nice to see the Droid run 2.1
This is a very real problem. I'm watching a different head to head video on another site, and the reviewer is having to press home multiple times to get the button to register. I remember I had a similar problem back when I owned a Samsung Instinct, nearly drove me mad.

@Elysian
LOL, I caught that too. If the framerate is same, then why would it be any smoother? This is exactly what I mean about how subjective these reviews are.
:) I'm not even trying to be a Droid fanboy, the Nexus One looks phenomenal, if I hadn't gotten my Droid I'd consider the Nexus One on Verizon in a heartbeat. Just trying to give credit where credit is due, something the reviewers seem hellbent on not doing.

Reaction score
She claims the Nexus One is smoother in 3d games, yet "about the same framerate"??? And then, a massive hitch on the Nexus One as it skips about 10 frames :lol: She also claimed it loaded faster, but if it did, it was within 1 second, the Droid and Nexus One, from her own video, looked to be pretty much on par speed wise.

I was going to comment on this EXACT same thing! It's smoother but the frame rate is the same... uhh what? That's the equivalent of talking about 2 cars saying the first one is going quicker but they're going the same speed.

I'm sorry, but there are way too many amateur "reviewers" that are subjective about most and objective about little. This demolishes any reputable statement they may have, and just turns in to an opinion fest. The internet seems to be full of pr0n and crappy reviews lately, I could use more of the first and less of the latter ;)

Magdroid

Reaction score
I just wonder what her brightness was set at for the Droid. Did she have it on Medium or high? I work mine on medium all the time. Every once in a while, I put it on "high" and it blinds the **** outta me. LOL. The "high" whites are VERY white and bright. J/W

Spectral

Reaction score
That video just says more for me that once i "overclock" my droid to 600mhz and run 2.1 that I will be able to do everything that an N1 that can do. Plus I get a physical keyboard which for me is a HUGE plus.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Droid looks way better. Also the fact they are comparing 2.1 to 2.01 and the Droid is doing just as well means a ton.

As far as the screen goes I've heard that in any light environment (sunlight) it's completely worthless.

Also heard the sound on the Droid is WAY better than the Nexus.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
The Droid looks way better. Also the fact they are comparing 2.1 to 2.01 and the Droid is doing just as well means a ton.

As far as the screen goes I've heard that in any light environment (sunlight) it's completely worthless.

Also heard the sound on the Droid is WAY better than the Nexus.

I agree with all your points.

I never understand the 2.1 to 2.0 comparison either. Everyone that has rooted the 2.1 OS to their Droid has said it seems faster and smoother even while not being optimized for the Droid's hardware.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can't wait to see a comparison of the N1 vs a Droid on 2.1 with SetCPU to 600 mhz. In fact, I'd like to see a review of a Nexus with 2.1 vs a Droid on 2.0.1 with SetCPU at 600mhz.

Last edited:

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
that review was weak... obvious bias toward the N1, but that's okay :)

akj27

Reaction score
Really not much of a difference between the two phones once we get 2.1. I really need a physical keyboard though because I have to type in more than one languages, and the auto correction really doesn't help when typing in a different language, but I still want it for when I type in English. So having a physical keyboard with no auto correction is a win win situation for me.

GeLopez

Reaction score
Really not much of a difference between the two phones once we get 2.1. I really need a physical keyboard though because I have to type in more than one languages, and the auto correction really doesn't help when typing in a different language, but I still want it for when I type in English. So having a physical keyboard with no auto correction is a win win situation for me.

+1 here. (now i have to lenghten the message)