very good comparison Droid vs. N1

barbee

Reaction score
[video=youtube;fx1zAtpjO9o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx1zAtpjO9o&feature=sub"]YouTube - Nexus One Vs. Motorola Droid[/video]

A very good video that showcase speed and reliability of both phones.

enjoy :motdroidvert:>:iphone:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think it will come down to whether you want a keyboard or not.

natty_lite

Reaction score
Jon4Lakers does the best head to head videos, by far, IMO. I hope he decides to do a part 2 to detail more common applications like Maps, Mail, or popular market applications.

iPirate

Reaction score
That is the second time I've watched a review of the Droid vs N1 and the second time I have seen someone have problems with the buttons at the bottom.

Also, for a real comparison the Droid needs 2.1. This is just fluf like the other reviews of the two phones side by side.

cuskit

Reaction score
From this video the Droid is a clear winner here. The little bit of speed boost on the N1 using WiFi does not make up for the slower 3g reception (especially with tmobile) and I myself would not care for the apparent issue with the button responsiveness.

I also like the physical keyboard, though I don't use it often. Nice to know it's there when I want all of the real estate the screen affords me without wasting it on the keys.

Just saying.. :) mikey

yoda

Reaction score
Ive had my droid since Dec and it has been the best phone i ever owned. But with that said, i think the nexus 1 has a higher ceiling and is handcuffed by its carrier(T-mobile).The keyboard plus Verizon > No keyboard plus t-mobile ,at least until the nexus 1 comes to Verizon.

tktouch12

Reaction score
i thought i wanted to get a nexus1 or another htc phone. but, then i started using the onscreen keyboard more and decided i couldnt live without a keyboard. so until htc comes out with something with a physical keyboard i wont be too jealous.

anjoga

Reaction score
Good video with very informative head to head of the basics between each phone.

gentlefury

Reaction score
I'd like to see that same test with the droid at 1GHz or even 800MHz so they were more evenly matched.

windstrings

Reaction score
I'd like to see that same test with the droid at 1GHz or even 800MHz so they were more evenly matched.

thats what I'm thinking... I don't even use the physical keyboard.

clock up the droid verses clocking up the nexus.... the droid is still the winner IMO!