Droid version 2.2.1... epic fail?

draco86

Reaction score
The update fixed alot of problems I was having with my phone but at what cost?
1) battery life went down the tollet. Used to go days with out a charge and now I have to every 12 hours.
2) 3g gets stuck. I watch thd icon and see one arrow light up while I am either on the market or on the web. Taking forever to load, few mins pass as it tries to connect then the 3g goes away and my signal gets a red circle. This happens even outside and randomly.
3) signal strengh goes up and down. I started typing this at 1x with low bars. Now im at 4 bars and 3g. I havent moved.
4) the odd restarts. If I do to much at once it will randomly shut down. I assume it does this for memory but really I dont know, just happens around the time of heavy lag between apps. But once it restarts I always get app updates and new email ALWAYS
I am sure there are others but has anyone else seen these errors any fixes work arounds or basicly do I wait till the next update
...now I have to recharge the phone again, this is the extended battery too!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

stevehir

Reaction score
2.2.1 battery life

I have the same problem. The battery life has been halved. I also have been loosing some of my contacts. They just disappear. Hope someone can help. Hope Google reads this blog.

turdbogls

Reaction score
I have the same problem. The battery life has been halved. I also have been loosing some of my contacts. They just disappear. Hope someone can help. Hope Google reads this blog.

all is good on the 2.2.1 front for me. battery is just as good, if not better. no problems really. but i came from custom rom 2.2 to custom rom 2.2.1 so i guess i really cant comment. i did notice stock 2.2 had great battery life tho...for the day or 2 i used it in a stock state.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If I were having those issues I'd do the following:

1. Hard Factory Reset - I only say this because it's the first thing the folks at Verizon are going to do and wouldn't you feel like a ***** if it solved the problems!!

2. Assuming #1 does not solve the problems, I do not think it will, I would then take it to a factory Verizon store and have them reflash the phone.

This update is working as it was intended for millions of phones. If it isn't working on your phone, make Verizon fix it. If the reflash doesn't work, and I think it will, I would then call tech services and get them involved.

Good luck and remember, you have a warranty!!:)

N1nj4Dr01d_X

Reaction score
My battery life has actually gotten better. But my gmail has stopped updating automatically. My 3g is much slower and less stable. Wouldn't a factory reset erase all my apps and data?

stevehir

Reaction score
factory reset

Yes a factory reset does completely wipe the phone. When I did that a while ago, the verizon rep said that all of my apps would come back because google saves them. The reality was only one app came back, the purchased one. Also apps that are no longer on the marketplace are gone forever. AS to data, you can probably back up to the sd card and save most of the data. All of your contacts are saved on googles servers, to they are not lost.. Still not sure if a reset will help as I am hearing that lots of people have the battery issue.

N1nj4Dr01d_X

Reaction score
This might be a stupid question, but I'm gonna ask it anyway. How do I perform a factory reset?

OP
D

draco86

Reaction score
Under battery use the idle use is higher than ever. From 100 I used web for 20 mins and txt off and on for 5 hours. And yet the idle use was higher than even the display. That's the only reason I see for a drag in battery life. What runs in "phone idle" anyway

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
my droid has been freaking out for the past couple of days think I will try a factory reset is well just installed launcher pro plus will I still be able to get back don't know what was causing a problem but I'm a newbie I was downloading a lot of apps trying to customize with calendars and clocks

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
I've only had it for 2 weeks

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
also locking up and shutting down when I unplug charger

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
Did factoru reset reinstalled Lp and Bw seems to be working better

Ecsa0014

Reaction score
The update seems to have almost eliminated the freezing issues I was having with my phone but I have noticed a couple of issues since the update.
First off, My phone randomly reboots much, much more than it did before. Before the update, it would randomly reboot 2-3 times a month. Now it does it 1-2 a day.
Secondly, it now takes much longer for the phone to become usable after a restart. Normally, this wouldn't be a big deal but with all the random reboots, it is insanely annoying.
I am really hoping for an update to fix these issues.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The update seems to have almost eliminated the freezing issues I was having with my phone but I have noticed a couple of issues since the update.
First off, My phone randomly reboots much, much more than it did before. Before the update, it would randomly reboot 2-3 times a month. Now it does it 1-2 a day.
Secondly, it now takes much longer for the phone to become usable after a restart. Normally, this wouldn't be a big deal but with all the random reboots, it is insanely annoying.
I am really hoping for an update to fix these issues.

See post number 4 in this thread. I would not assume that 1-2 reboots per day is normal for this phone/update. I think you got either a bad download or a bad install. Good luck.