Droid uses while inactive

aeternaly

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and it seems like the best place to post, please don't be too harsh on me if I'm wrong.

I'm thinking about buying a droid for $200, and was wondering what uses there is inactivated (I know it has WiFi, but can you use it?) I know you can't use 3G or any of that stuff, but I can still use my camera, WiFi, music, etc, without activating, right?

I'm just leaving it inactivated until I can grab myself a job and pay for an actual plan.

Thanks,

Ron

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Yes, You can use wifi without activation...basically it'll act just like a itouch...but better ;)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
moved thread to Gen. Discussions.

...but you're not in trouble :) it's completely Ok.

Welcome to the Forums! Glad to have you here.

to answer your question...

You can still a device that's not activated as your music player and camera.:)
And wi-fi still works.

OP
A

aeternaly

Reaction score
Yes, You can use wifi without activation...basically it'll act just like a itouch...but better ;)
Awesome!!! That's EXACTLY what I was hoping for! I used to have an iTouch, just got fed up with all the bull****, you know? :D

One more question if I may.. does the USB cable for the AC charger work the same as the data transfer cable for app development?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Awesome!!! That's EXACTLY what I was hoping for! I used to have an iTouch, just got fed up with all the bull****, you know? :D

One more question if I may.. does the USB cable for the AC charger work the same as the data transfer cable for app development?
yea you can use it for the wall charger or usb connection

OP
A

aeternaly

Reaction score

yea you can use it for the wall charger or usb connection
Awesome! Thanks.

xmguy

Reaction score
Sorry NO you can't use the Droid unless it already has a phone number attached. Lucklly you can add one in. If it's a Droid 1 dial ##7764726 send.

That will allow you to "add" a #. Like 000-000-1234. Then as others have stated use Wifi to activate when the 3G activation fails. I've been using my been using my Droid 1 on WiFi for the last 5 months while I've worked on paying a past due bill down. You should be able to do the same.

OP
A

aeternaly

Reaction score
Sorry NO you can't use the Droid unless it already has a phone number attached. Lucklly you can add one in. If it's a Droid 1 dial ##7764726 send.

That will allow you to "add" a #. Like 000-000-1234. Then as others have stated use Wifi to activate when the 3G activation fails. I've been using my been using my Droid 1 on WiFi for the last 5 months while I've worked on paying a past due bill down. You should be able to do the same.

Can you get a phone number attached without buying a plan? Or do you need a plan to do the "##7764726 send" thing?

gunz.jones

Reaction score
The ## is a code put into the phone to unlock the part of the phone that handles the phone number....it allows a spoof to be put in if it hasn't had a number before

OP
A

aeternaly

Reaction score
The ## is a code put into the phone to unlock the part of the phone that handles the phone number....it allows a spoof to be put in if it hasn't had a number before
Oh, I see. Thanks.

xmguy

Reaction score
Oh, I see. Thanks.

Exactly. If it has a number then you are golden. Remembering back what you need to do if you can if temporally transfer a number to that phone. Because if the phone has NO number you can't even access the programming menu the ## number.