Droid update killed battery life & gets too hot

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by narquam, Dec 23, 2009.

1. JayMonster

JayMonster Member

Ratings:
    +1
    All the Data on the SD Card remains.

2. kbur316

kbur316 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i have my sync on at all times as well, just because i like getting G-mails even when i am out and about.

i'm 19 and in college, so i am not home and near a PC as much as most. my phone has gotten noticeably warm before, but nothing i worried about. i am concerned greatly about battery life though.

i got the update out-of-box because i only got my DROID two weeks ago. i only have 1 of the 3 home screens fully devoted to apps, and the other has google search, power control, music player shortcut, and a digital clock widget. the third screen is still blank. i only have a handful of 3rd-party apps on it.

my question is, will leaving sync off really improve my battery that significantly?

(i enjoy receiving e-mails on-the-go, but i could do without most of the time if it gave me more battery!)

3. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    Gmail is pushed and I don't think it is much of a drain. The main drain is screen brightness. Don't use the auto screen control setting and set brightness as low as you can tolerate.

I have my phone overclocked to 1.25Ghz and screen down to min unless I'm in bright sun and I get through an entire day (off charge at 5:30 and back on charge at 10:30/11:00PM). I'll usually have 30-40% charge left by then. And I use it a lot during each day.

Search tags for this page

android phone hot short battery

do updates drain battery on droid mini phones

droid charge short battery life warm

droid mini very hot

droid phone is hot

motorola moto x battery gets hot drains

since my droids update phone gets hot and drains battery

why does the camera on my droid gets very hot

why is my droid getting so hot after a verizon update

why is my droid max getting hot and draining my battery