Droid Turbo - Temperature Alert?!?!

Pologuy

Reaction score
I plugged my Turbo in today to charge and about an hour and a half later I received this notification:

Temperature Alert:

Calls and apps should be shut down to cool the phone.

What the ????

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Where you using the phone while charging?? Was the phone in an area where air couldn't get to it??

It's to keep the screen and battery from overheating.. Mine has never gotten over 110°..
Are you using the factory charger?

OP
P

Pologuy

Reaction score
Where you using the phone while charging?? Was the phone in an area where air couldn't get to it??

It's to keep the screen and battery from overheating.. Mine has never gotten over 110°..
Are you using the factory charger?

No, the phone was just laying on my desk and charging...

There was one small application running (in the "background") that I turned off immediately after seeing the notice...

There was nothing around it - it had plenty of air space...

Yes, I am using the factory included Turbo Charger...

The phone was very hot... but now is normal.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Reboot the device.. Do you have anything like gsam installed?? You might try that. You could've had an app or apps going rogue... Using up processor cycles and causing the over heating.. Definitely reboot by holding power and volume down at the same time for about 10 Seconds.. (it will probably take a screen shot.. Just keep holding.)

Then once you install gsam.. Run the device a few days. Keep an eye on it.. (gsam will tell you the temp) and it has a feature called app sucker..it will tell you if any apps are staying awake and running for no reason.