gmail not getting notifications

lgbalfa

Reaction score
just recently on my droid turbo, i have not been getting notifications when i get a new email on my droid turbo.

i'll just open up my gmail on my phone and will see i received a lot of new messages.

has this been a common issue of late?

should i do a master reset?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Can you get to phone settings then accounts ...under Google check if all boxes are syncing ...

6s Plus

Reactions: CJM

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I am still having issues. It's very strange! I can have a conversation via gmail and it will work great for 3 or 4 emails then all of a sudden stop. There is no ryme or reason to it. Getting to be VERY annoying as I depend on email to come through as I get them.

Seems Google would be on top of this since it is basically the root of Android/Google.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Idk about the root of Android/Google, but definitely a major product of theirs not functioning properly on another of their major products, so I agree that you'd think it'd be taken care of by now.

The funny thing to me is (which I've already shared in a similar thread about the sync issue), I didn't have any trouble at all when I first read about this issue. And that was when I read that the fix was supposed to be coming soon to the server side of things.

I just reset my phone because I decided to leave the Android N Preview. Here's hoping gmail will sync better now. I've had trouble since getting my 6P back from repairs, but had no issues before sending it out, or on the S3 that I used for backup while it was gone.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Idk about the root of Android/Google, but definitely a major product of theirs not functioning properly on another of their major products, so I agree that you'd think it'd be taken care of by now.

The funny thing to me is (which I've already shared in a similar thread about the sync issue), I didn't have any trouble at all when I first read about this issue. And that was when I read that the fix was supposed to be coming soon to the server side of things.

I just reset my phone because I decided to leave the Android N Preview. Here's hoping gmail will sync better now. I've had trouble since getting my 6P back from repairs, but had no issues before sending it out, or on the S3 that I used for backup while it was gone.
Mine was the same way. It was fine for weeks after the issue was talked about but then it's like the resolution they came up with broke mine.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yeti35

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8+ w/ a Tech 21 case
I get notifications, but I think Gmail is just slow to load messages. It even seems that way on my laptop too. So they may be having some issues on their end and it is not an issue with our phones per sae.

sweenbeen

Reaction score
just recently on my droid turbo, i have not been getting notifications when i get a new email on my droid turbo.

i'll just open up my gmail on my phone and will see i received a lot of new messages.

has this been a common issue of late?

should i do a master reset?

Mine has been acting up for weeks now... All of a sudden I will get a notification for like 15 emails... all at once. Notifications are so sporadic.

TatDroid

Reaction score
I have 2 Gmail accounts - a paid corporate account through work, and a free basic account for personal. Although both seem to have off and on sync issues, it seems like the corporate account is way more reliable right now. It definitely seems like it's server issues on Google's side.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk