Droid Turbo Soak Test Reported on Phone Arena

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

PhoneArena is reporting that there have been indications that Moto will be initiating a soak test for the Droid Turbo soon. I know, not soon enough for many and more than a year too late for most. I for one hope everything goes smoothly and that us OG Turbo hold-outs get a nice Christmas present from Big Red

Motorola DROID Turbo gets soak test prior to Android 6.0 update

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I think it's closer to 7 but still. LOL!

S5 tap'n

It's such a shame honestly. My Turbo is the most stable device I've ever had and gets stellar battery life, yet got shafted for updates. Up till a few months ago I was still looking it up weekly for any rumors about this coming and finally had given up and started shopping for something new and non Droid for the first time since the LG Dare got replaced with the OG Droid. This will be my last phone that will be 1) a droid or 2) carrier locked. Never. Again. Long live the Google experience, here comes the Pixel.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm already on Marshmallow, and may soon give Nougat a try.

I really haven't noticed much difference or benefit over whatever 4.4 version the stock DT is on. Flashing gives you some good tweaks, but also at the expense of some good stock workings. So really, to me, the only reason to root remains wireless tether and adblocking.

OP
radon222

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
My Turbo is a work phone so I don't have the luxury of rooting & flashing. Tethering is included with the company plan so that's already covered. With the exception of a few items I've not been disappointed with the Turbo on Lollipop. One thing that I am looking forward to is the updated bluetooth stacks that work better with the Garmin wrist-worn Smart/Activity watches.

My current phone is a Screen crack warranty replacement unit that's only a year old and should have at least another year's worth of battery cycles. I'm not in any real rush to replace it.

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I'm one of the 20 (or 7 LOL ) and not having any issues as of now. Hope none are sent to me also with any updates.

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
What changes does marshmallow bring

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
I don't believe I have doze on my droid turbo 2

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I don't believe I have doze on my droid turbo 2

Why do you say that? It's not a program you can turn off and on. It's build into the kernel.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
Why do you say that? It's not a program you can turn off and on. It's build into the kernel.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Ooooo...I was thinking it was the super low power mode such as what Samsung introduced

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
Doesn't sound like anything spectacular, I remember when updates used to be large differences. Wifi calling is a cool feature though I can see that being useful