Droid Text Smiley Question?

AtreyuRock

Reaction score
So out of the box my Droid X test smileys do not show up as little green guys, as does my g'fs droid. Anyone know why some phones they show up as little green guys, and others they do not?

Thanks.

j_acm

Reaction score
My droid X the same thing. I think you might have to download Handcent to send those smileys.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
The green guys disappeared of the key board on my D1. To get them now hit menu >smiles or sometimes menu >more >smilies

goracer

Reaction score
Little green men from mars? I only have the one smiley button. No aliens in my attic. My bats in my bellfree (what's a bellfree).

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Little green men from mars? I only have the one smiley button. No aliens in my attic. My bats in my bellfree (what's a bellfree).

If you like little green men in you text.... re-read post #3

The term belfry :icon_eek: (bellfree?) has a variety of uses:
Bell tower, an architectural term
Belfry, a type of medieval siege tower
Belfry, Montana, a town in the United States
The Belfry, an English golf club
Belfry, a play by Billy Roche, third part of The Wexford Trilogy

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's funny.

Now for the smileys I know that if you type
Code:
:)
and send it to another android phone, it shows up just like that. However, if you send
Code:
:-)
it will show up as the little green android dude. Mine will show a blue android dude as I have replaced my green guys (not racial or profiling, the blue guys just suit my needs better).

So that could be the issue. Handcent has nothing to do with them. Also, if you want to look in to where they live, pull and look in your Framework-res.apk file and see what little dudes reside in your phone.