Editing Smileys

holyap0c

Reaction score
Ive done some looking around and found partial answers and not exactly the answers i was looking for.. so here's my question:

Is there any way to edit the smileys on the DX manually? I know that you can edit the smileys already on the phone by replacing their .png images in the framework-res.apk but is there any way to add additional smileys if you have another face you want to add, for example the thumbs up symbol from the Blackberry. And as an issue of this how do you make the phone recognize the unique character combination to display it automatically in your sms?

Also going along with my last question (which if answered will most likely answer this question) how do you edit the unique character combinations that link to the emoticons? Like how would I edit the smiley from ":)" to just ":)"?

Any help is very much appreciated as i am new to modifying the droid x and its files after being rooted. Thank you!

OP
H

holyap0c

Reaction score
Ive done more searching around and still haven't really found an answer, is this not possible or does no one know how its done?

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Ive done some looking around and found partial answers and not exactly the answers i was looking for.. so here's my question:

Is there any way to edit the smileys on the DX manually? I know that you can edit the smileys already on the phone by replacing their .png images in the framework-res.apk but is there any way to add additional smileys if you have another face you want to add, for example the thumbs up symbol from the Blackberry. And as an issue of this how do you make the phone recognize the unique character combination to display it automatically in your sms?

Also going along with my last question (which if answered will most likely answer this question) how do you edit the unique character combinations that link to the emoticons? Like how would I edit the smiley from ":)" to just ":)"?

Any help is very much appreciated as i am new to modifying the droid x and its files after being rooted. Thank you!

I'd kind of like to know this too, I'm not a big fan of the nose, haha. I'd PM a developer, really any DX developer and ask them for help!