Droid taking a beating.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by TrucknGolf, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +0
    Provided RIM's servers weren't down you could actually use the device :)

2. ShowTime

ShowTime Member

Ratings:
    +0
    used to do the same with my old phone. Occasionally I would do the same thing and forget it was on my lap when I got out. Not takin the chance with the Droid. It's always in the car dock now ;) And I'm the same... I had to reorganize my whole pocket layout and move my keys and wallet so the Droid could have it's own pocket.

3. pc747

pc747 Regular Member
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +7,409
    soon as i bought the droid and i made the ultimate decision i was going to keep it. I bought a body glove and an invisishield. I have been careful but i must admit it has swan dived glass first out of my hands a few times....but everything is all good.

4. doug piston

doug piston Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4
    drop mine all the time. usually results in gararge sale. cover one way, battery another. thing is dang tuff.

5. nerdbox08

nerdbox08 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was at the gym on the elliptical machine and when I was reaching up to turn it off, my arm caught in my headphone wire; the phone shot from the waist band of my shorts and came to a stop 15 feet away in front of the treadmills. I picked it up, looked it over and was pleasantly surprised to see no scratches or any other damage.

So that was awesome there was no damage. I bought a case and screen protector.

Ironically I pulled the phone out of my pocket today and somehow, even though I had only dropped it once and caused no damage, I somehow managed(with my phone in my pocket) to dent the external speaker cover :( I haven't noticed any sound quality change and the dent isn't 'noticeable' to the eyes very well, but I can feel it when I run my finger over it.

6. ShowTime

ShowTime Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is it right in/near the middle? Mine has it too now that I run my finger over it. Never noticed/thought to check before. Maybe nothing you/I did.... anyone else notice this? Part of the design?

7. nerdbox08

nerdbox08 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mine is near the middle, but... I don't know, it looks like I did it :| lol

8. dreg

dreg New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm surprised they replaced it for free is that normal? My clerk said there would be a big penalty water damage. I assume garlic butter counts.

9. boatman2220

boatman2220 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Knock on wood. I haven't dropped it yet, had a close call fumble. But I managed to grab it before I lost it completely.

10. smokiedabong

smokiedabong Member

Ratings:
    +14
    First week I got the Droid , I managed to bend the speeaker grill with no efort trying to pull the battery out , it's so damn fragile . I made a custom tool to fit under it and straighten it out , looks like new . All my previous phones were violently impacted at some point and survived with only few scratches , I'm scared to take this phone out of the house because I don't think it'll survive the first drop , especially when hearing stories with shattered screens from 2 feet drops .

11. SSHGuru

SSHGuru Silver Member

Ratings:
    +30
    My speaker grill has a dent in the middle also - don't know when or why it happened but you can dent the hell out of it since it's just a pretty cover for the hole where the music comes out. You could probably remove it entirely.

12. markmicallef

markmicallef Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I baked mine in a pizza crust, it was delish. Still works too.