1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid taking a beating.

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by TrucknGolf, Jan 24, 2010.

1. TrucknGolf

TrucknGolf New Member

Hi i am new here.

I have had the moto droid for about a month and I love it. But over that month it has been cover in garlic butter and dropped hard about five times. It seems to be ok.

What have you guys put yours through?
  2. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Wow...you trying to make a Pizza with it? :D

Nothing. I've dropped it once, and it was in a leather sheath.
  3. unix.punkx

unix.punkx New Member

Uhhhh i havent been that rough with my phone haha. That is quite a tank you've got there :D
  4. Cnote187

Cnote187 New Member

Man Why are you being so hard on it? Take care of it man
  5. TrucknGolf

TrucknGolf New Member

I am not trying to beat on it. And the garlic sause was in my pocket and exploxed. I am really not happy about it I normally take very good care of my stuff.
  6. roflcopters

roflcopters New Member

7. wakeb791

wakeb791 New Member

My cat knocked it off the counter one of the first days I had it, scratched the black paint from the trim around the screen off a bit, but that's been about it. I don't leave it sitting anywhere where he can knock it onto tile anymore.
  8. TrucknGolf

TrucknGolf New Member

I got a new one today. There was garlic sauce in the camera and wouldnt take a picture that was not burrly. It had half water damage but the warrentied it and got a brand new one for free. I am going to treat this one better:motdroidhoriz:
  9. Scribble

Scribble New Member

I'm just curious why you had garlic butter... in your pocket? :icon_eek:
  10. jasonb

jasonb New Member

i have dropped mine onto thick carpeted floor a couple times, but that's it for me.
  11. TrucknGolf

TrucknGolf New Member

I was getting pizza for my family and I had full hands
  12. Big Cam

Big Cam New Member

My droid gets babied. Lint from my pocket is the worst it's been through.
  13. gruve

gruve New Member

Tell Papa John to cover you for a new phone. Still a bit bizarre for garlic butter to explode in your pocket!
  14. Slighter

Slighter New Member

damn - I have some jeans with four pockets (sorry couldn't resist)
  15. JhankG

JhankG New Member

I'm pretty gentle with mine. Those damn two year Verizon contracts kind of force you to be easy on the phone!
  16. rlb

rlb New Member

Did the papa Johns taste as good without the garlic butter?

A few carpet falls from the nightstand, and a few slips of the hand onto my desk at work is the worst mine has seen.
  17. bigthinker

bigthinker New Member

Nothing yet....as far as damage....its been dropped a couple of times onto wooden floors from about 3 feet, battery door comes off but issues. TrucknGolf, Next time your going for pizza, grab me a Pepperoni Mushroom would you? :motdroidhoriz: Hold the Garlic Butter:)
  18. cplus

cplus New Member

One good drop made small pits in the corner of the shroud... Then, last Saturday, I was using Orux with some offline maps of my local ski resort to record my tracks for the day and try to discover new stashes of powder in the trees.. I kept it in a VELCRO inside pocket of my jacket. The velcro failed and my phone dropped somewhere deep in the middle of a tight tree run. I was completely beside myself and I didn't have a tracking app OR a remote data wipe app installed. (I didn't know the velcro was failing yet as I believed I had just put it away hastily and didn't close the velcro.) Four of us went back to the top trying to find the same path in the trees. We spread out and starting along the trail and began calling it. Miraculously we found it after a few attempts. THEN, two runs later I PUT IT IN THE SAME POCKET, (because I didn't yet know it was the velcro) AND LOST IT AGAIN IN A MAJOR POWDER FIELD. Only one friend would come with me this time. As we began the same technique of spreading out and calling it, I began to have a more precise idea of where I may have lost it. (Right after a big crash into deep powder..) So we went there and called it and I could here it ringing way under the snow so I went to it and dug it out! Oh yeah, and guess which ring tone is my favorite that I was of course using that day.. GLACIAL GROOVE!! Its SO loud when ringer is turned up all the way. (Geez, the DROID speaker is just loud period, right?) LOL So anyway, all is well that ends well... We decided that it was actually kinda fun trying to find the phone...after we had found it again of course.

Oh yeah, so the housing of the DROID seems extremely well sealed. I wouldn't ever test it against moisture unecessarily but mine is still working just fine. I'm SOOOO happy to still have it. I was seriously SAD when I lost it.. both times.
  19. Guchi

Guchi New Member

This.....

[​IMG]
  20. LuN3yDaV3

LuN3yDaV3 New Member

I had scratched my screen on my old phone while having keys in the same pocket. Now with my Droid, I don't even like to have chap-stick in the same pocket. I too have treated mine like a newborn, especially before I got my Innocase.