Droid Sync with Exchange 2003

FSTTYMS

Reaction score
I use exchange, it works, but not quite right... Calendar, seems to work fine. Its the subfolders that don't work right. I called motorola yesterday. I was escalated from level 2 tech support supervisor, I am supposed to hear something back within 48 hrs.

The subfolders don't refresh or pull data without me going in to each one seperately and refreshing manaually. At the VERY least, you SHOULD be able to do this from the folder menu screen...

ALL subfolders, including the sent folder. The only folder that "pushes" or actively refreshes is the inbox. Does Touchdown work differently / better??

spirit20

Reaction score
OK here's what I had to do, and it worked.
From Org Config, Client Access
Go to the props of the Mailbox policy and change allow non-provisionable devices to true. As soon as I did that, BANG! Everything worked.

FSTTYMS

Reaction score
I use exchange, it works, but not quite right... Calendar, seems to work fine. Its the subfolders that don't work right. I called motorola yesterday. I was escalated from level 2 tech support supervisor, I am supposed to hear something back within 48 hrs.

The subfolders don't refresh or pull data without me going in to each one seperately and refreshing manaually. At the VERY least, you SHOULD be able to do this from the folder menu screen...

ALL subfolders, including the sent folder. The only folder that "pushes" or actively refreshes is the inbox. Does Touchdown work differently / better??
To answer my question... Touchdown works to support subfolders, select the folder you want to sync etc. Great program. Way better than the original Droid email program. I even got Verizon to pay for it, due to their false advertizement, and that the manager in the store who configured my equipment, guarenteed me that it would work!

jcochran1977

Reaction score
When i set up my server I did not include the https:// or http:// only the address for example

ex2003.la-z-boy.com

Hi All

I am also an exchange admin for my company. I was able to successfully set up my phone to sync with my work email, contacts and calendar.

I had to use the address that my company uses for OWA (outlook web access)

without using the HTTPS or HTTP in front of it and it worked like a charm. I also check both of the SSL boxes. :motdroidhoriz:

Hope this helps, I am willing to help if anyone has questions.

This worked for me. Thank you!:icon_ banana:

Using the website my company uses for web access worked with the touchdown app, but it did not work with the email function built into the Droid. As soon as I entered the ":" it grayed out the next option and wouldn't let me advance it. Any solutions out there? I would like for my email to work in the regular droid app, but may have to resort to buying touchdown.

f00f

Reaction score
For what it's worth, this is straight from Motorola's Droid support site:

Motorola said:
DROID - Exchange Email Troubleshooting
If you are able to successfully connect an Exchange account on your phone, but your email and contacts are not syncing with your device, your company may have a security policy that prevents syncing.

At launch, Motorola DROID's native exchange solution doesn't support password security policy or remote wipe.

If your company's exchange server has been setup to ONLY allow devices that support password security policy, your IT administrator will need to customize some of the settings on the Exchange server for your Motorola DROID to successfully sync.

KenLoveless

Reaction score
Exchange 2003 SP2 worked for me. Calendar was working, but not contacts or email. I have a boner.

donkey

Reaction score
i see my email but when i try to open a message it sais "The application email (process com.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"
Any thoughts

also i am working with exchange 2007 running on srv08.. i think

MikeDroid

Reaction score
Synch or not?

Hello,
I have read posts here where some people can sync their calender and not contacts and some can sync contacts and not their calendar . I am about to receive mine (via Verizon online) and I am wondering if anyone knows how to set Outlook up on the Droid yet? I do know there will be a huge software update/push from Verizon on 12/11 and I am not sure if that will fix the problems that people are having with Outlook.

ToasterHead

Reaction score
My Exchange Server requires that i install an SSL certificate on the phone. The file is "blahblah.cer" I can't find out how to do this on the Droid.

I downloaded and installed Touchdown from NitroDesk and followed their instructions how to install a certificate. Guess what!! This also installed the certificate for the Native Droid email and Calendar and it started working.

I am going to buy the full Touchdown app anyway.

tierra1

Reaction score
Moonrug worked for me

I purchased a third party app called Moonrug when Touchdown would not work. I work for large corp with security features and Exchange 2003. I have access to Calendar, Emails, Contacts and Task list. Version 1.6.3.

MarineDroid

Reaction score
E-mail notification Times

Is there an option that lets you pick when & when not to recieve e-mails. This thing is going off at 3am.

tierra1

Reaction score
Notification

Yes, the email settings in Moonrug allow you to receive (or not) audible notifications upon receipt of email.

SpencerC

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about all of the exchange issues you guys are having. Mine worked fine on my first try set up. I did have omit the https:// in front of my OWA address. I had to set use secure connection (SSL). What didnt work for me was I was not able to open email attachments. I had to uncheck Accept all SSL certificates and email attachments would then open.

One issue I have found is there is no way to accept or decline a meeting invitation from the email meeting request you receive. You have to open your corporate calendar go to the date / time for the meeting request and open it there. You can then accept or decline the meeting. Pretty lame if you ask me. I hear there is a request into google to add this functionality directly in the original email meeting request.

knightshade

Reaction score
Well after fiddling around with it I guess it does work. All I need to do was drop the domain name from the username I used \jdoe instead of MYDOMAIN\jdoe

I check the ssl and accept certificates and it started pulling with no issues.

This worked for me as well.
Just used my company's OWA server - with the login info above.
Many thanks for the post!