Droid Sync with Exchange 2003

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by jjbard, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Ketchup

Ketchup New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is the setting needed (not needed) on the Exchange Server 2003 ....

In Exchange System Manager ...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Right-click "Mobile Services", [Properties] ...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Click [Device Security] ...
    Deselect the "Enforce password" ...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I hope this help all of you! :icon_ banana:

2. f00f

f00f New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There's a feature request posted on Google code (issue 4475). I think we just have to wait for this security support to be added. It's kind of embarrassing for Android to tout Exchange compatibility without support for the security features that corporations are bound to enforce.

Make some noise at that issue page and leave a comment. In the meantime it looks like the integrated Exchange support works fine for some, while others (myself included) will have to use a 3rd party app.

3. Ketchup

Ketchup New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yep.
    If your company mandates the security settings I posted, you'll have to go to a 3rd party app. If not, ask your sysadmin to turn it off.

I turned mine off and it worked. However, there's no Global Address Book lookup available with the native e-mail app so we went with Touchdown. (and turned the setting back on)

4. ncbryan

ncbryan New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    fixed mine!

OK after hours on the phone and online, I have my email, contacts, and calendar syncing RIGHT! Here is what MY solution was:

I am on an Exchange Server 2003 and I had to install SP2. There is also a download to install activesync as well. I will try to insert the Microsoft links to these tomorrow. I am typing this on my Droid so I can't do it now. Once. I installed both of these I had to unchecked the box for SSL on the phone. Started getting email and contacts immediately! Calendar already was working. So for me the fix was the SP2 update. Hope that helps at least one and hopefully more!

5. jcochran1977

jcochran1977 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No we do not require PIN Security, I have actually never heard of that, can someone explain it to me ??

6. f00f

f00f New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's my understanding that it's a security policy on the Exchange server side that requires the mobile device to have a PIN lock code enabled. The policy may enforce the length of the PIN code as well. For example, I never used a PIN code w/ my iPhone, but the moment I set up my corporate Exchange email account on it I was required to establish a PIN lock code for the device.

In the case of the Droid it'll be interesting to see how it handles such a policy considering that the stock locking mechanism isn't implemented w/ a numeric PIN code but instead via a pattern that is drawn on the screen. I'm assuming that the lock screen will have to have a numeric option to deal with Exchange PIN security requirements.

7. polar135

polar135 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    #43 polar135, Nov 10, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
  8. lumns

lumns Member

Ratings:
    +0
    does any one have an ETA on the fix?

9. Droidexchange

Droidexchange New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Using the website my company uses for web access worked with the touchdown app, but it did not work with the email function built into the Droid. As soon as I entered the ":" it grayed out the next option and wouldn't let me advance it. Any solutions out there? I would like for my email to work in the regular droid app, but may have to resort to buying touchdown.

10. FSTTYMS

FSTTYMS Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use exchange, it works, but not quite right... Calendar, seems to work fine. Its the subfolders that don't work right. I called motorola yesterday. I was escalated from level 2 tech support supervisor, I am supposed to hear something back within 48 hrs.

The subfolders don't refresh or pull data without me going in to each one seperately and refreshing manaually. At the VERY least, you SHOULD be able to do this from the folder menu screen...

ALL subfolders, including the sent folder. The only folder that "pushes" or actively refreshes is the inbox. Does Touchdown work differently / better??

11. spirit20

spirit20 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK here's what I had to do, and it worked.
    From Org Config, Client Access
    Go to the props of the Mailbox policy and change allow non-provisionable devices to true. As soon as I did that, BANG! Everything worked.

12. FSTTYMS

FSTTYMS Member

Ratings:
    +0
    To answer my question... Touchdown works to support subfolders, select the folder you want to sync etc. Great program. Way better than the original Droid email program. I even got Verizon to pay for it, due to their false advertizement, and that the manager in the store who configured my equipment, guarenteed me that it would work!

Search tags for this page
allow non provisionable devices exchange 2003
android email app exchange 2003
android email exchange 2003
android exchange 2003 calendar
android incredible not sync to exchange 2003
connect android to exchange 2003

exchange 2003 android

exchange 2003 droid
exchange 2003 droid razr m verizon
no html on droid using exchange 2003