Droid Sync with Exchange 2003

tgt

Reaction score
Unfortunately regardless of the days if your employer uses a PIN on the exchange accounts, there is no e-mail/contact. :(

-tgt

manbearpig

Reaction score
Hi All

I am also an exchange admin for my company. I was able to successfully set up my phone to sync with my work email, contacts and calendar.

I had to use the address that my company uses for OWA (outlook web access)

without using the HTTPS or HTTP in front of it and it worked like a charm. I also check both of the SSL boxes. :motdroidhoriz:

Hope this helps, I am willing to help if anyone has questions.

This worked for me. Thank you!:icon_ banana:

ncbryan

Reaction score
I am having the same connection issues with my exchange account and need some further help.....please. I am not an IT pro, but I do have admin rights to our server. We are a small company so I feel very comfortable changing the settings myself to hopefully get my phone to work.

I have also installed Touchdown and it works well, but I would like to get the exchange working the way it is supposed to and see if that is better than touchdown. In the setting up of Touchdown, under the settings button and the advanced tab under the "enable push" checkbox it shows in red letters " ActiveSync support not found". I suspect that is an issue on our server and not the phone. I went in the exchange system and under global settings/properties.....all of the active sync boxes were checked and enabled. There is obviously another setting somewhere that needs to be changed. Can anyone tell me exactly where that setting is on my server?

Also, I hear alot of talk about PIN and all that. Where do I go on my server to see if my exchange server is requiring PINs?

Thanks,
Bryan

lumns

Reaction score
As with everyone else....

i get the blackscreen. Cant send email....but i do get my calender. what the hell! how do i get my calender and not my email.

lumns

Reaction score
this certainly isnt meant to be complicated. My IT department says my account is all set up correctly. We only have a limited amount of settings we can adjust. At least i can make my meetings on time

Ketchup

Reaction score
This is the setting needed (not needed) on the Exchange Server 2003 ....

In Exchange System Manager ...

Right-click "Mobile Services", [Properties] ...

Click [Device Security] ...
Deselect the "Enforce password" ...

I hope this help all of you! :icon_ banana:

f00f

Reaction score
There's a feature request posted on Google code (issue 4475). I think we just have to wait for this security support to be added. It's kind of embarrassing for Android to tout Exchange compatibility without support for the security features that corporations are bound to enforce.

Make some noise at that issue page and leave a comment. In the meantime it looks like the integrated Exchange support works fine for some, while others (myself included) will have to use a 3rd party app.

Ketchup

Reaction score
Yep.
If your company mandates the security settings I posted, you'll have to go to a 3rd party app. If not, ask your sysadmin to turn it off.

I turned mine off and it worked. However, there's no Global Address Book lookup available with the native e-mail app so we went with Touchdown. (and turned the setting back on)

ncbryan

Reaction score
fixed mine!

OK after hours on the phone and online, I have my email, contacts, and calendar syncing RIGHT! Here is what MY solution was:

I am on an Exchange Server 2003 and I had to install SP2. There is also a download to install activesync as well. I will try to insert the Microsoft links to these tomorrow. I am typing this on my Droid so I can't do it now. Once. I installed both of these I had to unchecked the box for SSL on the phone. Started getting email and contacts immediately! Calendar already was working. So for me the fix was the SP2 update. Hope that helps at least one and hopefully more!

jcochran1977

Reaction score
No we do not require PIN Security, I have actually never heard of that, can someone explain it to me ??

f00f

Reaction score
No we do not require PIN Security, I have actually never heard of that, can someone explain it to me ??

It's my understanding that it's a security policy on the Exchange server side that requires the mobile device to have a PIN lock code enabled. The policy may enforce the length of the PIN code as well. For example, I never used a PIN code w/ my iPhone, but the moment I set up my corporate Exchange email account on it I was required to establish a PIN lock code for the device.

In the case of the Droid it'll be interesting to see how it handles such a policy considering that the stock locking mechanism isn't implemented w/ a numeric PIN code but instead via a pattern that is drawn on the screen. I'm assuming that the lock screen will have to have a numeric option to deal with Exchange PIN security requirements.

Droidexchange

Reaction score
Hi All

I am also an exchange admin for my company. I was able to successfully set up my phone to sync with my work email, contacts and calendar.

I had to use the address that my company uses for OWA (outlook web access)

without using the HTTPS or HTTP in front of it and it worked like a charm. I also check both of the SSL boxes. :motdroidhoriz:

Hope this helps, I am willing to help if anyone has questions.

This worked for me. Thank you!:icon_ banana:

Using the website my company uses for web access worked with the touchdown app, but it did not work with the email function built into the Droid. As soon as I entered the ":" it grayed out the next option and wouldn't let me advance it. Any solutions out there? I would like for my email to work in the regular droid app, but may have to resort to buying touchdown.