Droid Sync with Exchange 2003

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by jjbard, Nov 6, 2009.

1. tgt

tgt New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just some addtional information for anyone that looks at this. Android 2.0 does not support the PIN functionality.

Issue documented through Motorola (INCLUDING a work arround): https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/61301

Issue at Google (star this issue if you want to vote for it and be notified if it's corrected/included): Issue 4475 - android - Support for ActiveSync provisioning protocol - Project Hosting on Google Code

Supposedly $10 download of Touchdown (available in the marketplace as well) fixes the issue. Downloading a trial of it now myself.
    http://www.nitrodesk.com/dk_touchdownPurchase.aspx

Hope this helps,
    tgt

#25 tgt, Nov 8, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  2. jcochran1977

jcochran1977 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Exchange 2003 on DROID

Hi All

I am also an exchange admin for my company. I was able to successfully set up my phone to sync with my work email, contacts and calendar.

I had to use the address that my company uses for OWA (outlook web access)

without using the HTTPS or HTTP in front of it and it worked like a charm. I also check both of the SSL boxes. :motdroidhoriz:

Hope this helps, I am willing to help if anyone has questions.

3. tgt

tgt New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    jcochran - does your company enforce the PIN security?

As a followup. I installed touchdown (via the previous link) and everything hooked up/downloaded like a charm.

-tgt

4. f00f

f00f New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same problems and symptoms here. I work for a very large corporation that enforces the PIN stuff. Using the OWA information and my domain credentials (which works on my iPhone 3G) I CANNOT sync my mail on the Droid -- I get the black screen nonsense. Unfortunately I do not have any control whatsoever over the Exchange config since I'm not in that IT department. ;-)

5. f00f

f00f New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    FWIW this was posted in another thread.

Security policies are the norm, I'd say, in large corporate security-conscious environments. My employer is particularly anal about it. Ugg. This could be a deal-breaker for me. :(

6. Rasputin

Rasputin New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    try this..

I set mine up on Friday and it was showing email and everything was gelling. Saturday & Sunday I got the infamous black screen but thought nothing of it. I saw this thread today and it got me curious.. so I went hunting into the settings - first thing that caught my attention was settings - accounts & sync - sellect your exchange account - Account settings - amount to sync - by default this is 1 day, so i'm guessing you guys aren't getting any corporate emails on the weekend like me.. by adjusting it to 3 days or one week tada, theres my email again. I set it back to sync 1 day.. and all the email vanishes again and back to a black screen. D:

#30 Rasputin, Nov 8, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  7. tgt

tgt New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Unfortunately regardless of the days if your employer uses a PIN on the exchange accounts, there is no e-mail/contact. :(

-tgt

8. manbearpig

manbearpig New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This worked for me. Thank you!:icon_ banana:

9. ncbryan

ncbryan New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am having the same connection issues with my exchange account and need some further help.....please. I am not an IT pro, but I do have admin rights to our server. We are a small company so I feel very comfortable changing the settings myself to hopefully get my phone to work.

I have also installed Touchdown and it works well, but I would like to get the exchange working the way it is supposed to and see if that is better than touchdown. In the setting up of Touchdown, under the settings button and the advanced tab under the "enable push" checkbox it shows in red letters " ActiveSync support not found". I suspect that is an issue on our server and not the phone. I went in the exchange system and under global settings/properties.....all of the active sync boxes were checked and enabled. There is obviously another setting somewhere that needs to be changed. Can anyone tell me exactly where that setting is on my server?

Also, I hear alot of talk about PIN and all that. Where do I go on my server to see if my exchange server is requiring PINs?

Thanks,
    Bryan

10. lumns

lumns Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As with everyone else....

i get the blackscreen. Cant send email....but i do get my calender. what the hell! how do i get my calender and not my email.

11. ncbryan

ncbryan New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same issue here.......Certainly someone can help us!

12. lumns

lumns Member

Ratings:
    +0
    this certainly isnt meant to be complicated. My IT department says my account is all set up correctly. We only have a limited amount of settings we can adjust. At least i can make my meetings on time

Search tags for this page
allow non provisionable devices exchange 2003
android email app exchange 2003
android email exchange 2003
android exchange 2003 calendar
android incredible not sync to exchange 2003
connect android to exchange 2003

exchange 2003 android

exchange 2003 droid
exchange 2003 droid razr m verizon
no html on droid using exchange 2003