1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid Skin from skinit.com!

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by christinaelise, Nov 19, 2009.

1. christinaelise

christinaelise New Member

Hey all,

I bought a skin from skinit.com for my Droid and recieved it a few days ago. I put on the skin and lo and behold, the skin not only covers all four of the buttons at the bottom, but it also covers the proximity sensor! Fortunately, skinit has excellent customer service and they have already issued me a refund. I would not recommend buying a skin from them unless you check with customer service to ensure that they have changed the template for the Droid to fix these issues.
  2. Tekmazter

Tekmazter New Member

Good tip ... thank you!
  3. broosewee

broosewee New Member

Good to know, thanks for the heads up.
  4. Matt@skinit.com

Matt@skinit.com New Member

Thank you!

Christinaelise,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention! I am the one responsible for all new templates that are made, including the Droid, which has now been corrected thanks to your feedback.

It is often the case that we will receive devices a month or two before they are available to the market. Unfortunately in some cases the devices we receive are not the finalized product and can be missing key features.... in this case the proximity sensors!

Also to your request I have added the icons for the buttons to the front of the device.

Thank you again for your feedback, and please don't feel any hesitance to order from our site in the future. Quality is my job, and without good feedback like you provided, I wouldn't have known about this major issue and had been able to resolve it.

Thanks,
    Matt@skinit.com
  5. mth04

mth04 Premium Member Premium Member

First Matt let me say thanks from droidforums.net for you excellent service here. We/I aoorectate your service and support. Thanks again
  6. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator Staff Member

Yeah seriously Matt, Thanks for the heads up and taking the time to clear this up.

I can now recommend your great product : )

Used it on my Touch and love it...
  7. 1.21 gigawatts

1.21 gigawatts New Member

Wow, a company that actually owned up to a mistake and addressed it head on. I'm impressed. :)

*EDIT: Any chance the original poster could change the title of the thread since the company obviously addressed the issue? Seems a little unfair.
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  8. ziggynagy

ziggynagy New Member

anyone other feedback on skinit.com

I'm looking to get a skinit... any other forum feedback on how the skins look on the droid?
  9. KarenElissa

KarenElissa New Member

I just ordered one, they are printing it, so I should get it soon. I'll let you know how it goes.
  10. ultratiger89

ultratiger89 New Member

I got one as well and covering the buttons doesn't bother me as I know where each one is. You only have to remember 4 of them!
  11. ziggynagy

ziggynagy New Member

Thanks for the responses. If not too much trouble, could I get a pic of the front/back?
  12. dism

dism New Member

i have a gelaskins on my droid, it fits perfect does not cover sensor or notification light. it does however cover the 4 buttons on the bottom in front. but still useable. i would definitely recommend gelaskins. oh and you can do a custom skin too which i did. oh and it was 18.95 shipped
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  13. Rettocs

Rettocs New Member

I would love to see a pic of the skinned device, from both skinit.com and gelaskins. I'd like to get a skin, but I want to know the quality of them, if it leaves residue when removed and what the finished product looks like.
Search tags for this page
are skinit cases good

droid dna skin it

droid dna skinit

skin it droid dna

skinit cover buttons