DROID Screen Blank buttons are still lit

benhebert

Reaction score
The front of my droid just went dead. There is nothing coming up and it's currently attached to my laptop via micro usb. I was talking on the phone and the screen went out. The battery was at about 20% but there was no way that it should have gone out. I don't know why this has even happened or what to do.

Has anyone else had this problem or heard about it at all?

loosetooth

Reaction score
I wish I had an answer for you - my Droid just did the same thing.

subaruwrx88011

Reaction score
mine did too!!!!

Ok lets try and solve this.

Are you using PandaHome?

Also will your phone work with the SD card out of it. Mine will.

Leon

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have you guys tried a power cycle and battery pull? (I hate recommending a battery pull, because this isn't a BB, but sometimes it helps).

srbordenstein

Reaction score
Yeah, I tried the battery pull and it made it worse. Now I can't even see the bottom menu lights and the screen is blank with a soft backlight. thanks - any more ideas?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Will the phone power on at all? or are you just seeing the 'glow' and nothing else?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-faq/2071-how-hard-reset-your-motorola-droid.html
You can always try a hard reset. You will lose all data on your phone but if it's not working anyway your data is useless if you can't get to it :)
Not the ideal option but may be all that's left. If you can't get the phone to turn on at all I would consider this option

Log onto your G-mail account and make sure you contacts are saved before you do this. Just to be safe :)