!"droid" ringtone help!

J

johnaltha

Yes I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to make a ringtone that says something custom I want. I want it to say in example "EMAIL" but in the "DROID" sounding voice. I'm lost at how to do this. Can someone please tell me a software or something that does that. Im looking to go with the whole DROID robot thing.

You Can PM me if needed.

:greendroid::greendroid::greendroid::greendroid::greendroid::greendroid::reddroid::greendroid::greendroid::greendroid::greendroid::greendroid::greendroid:

:reddroid:DROID UNLIKE ANY OTHER:reddroid:

LuN3yDaV3

Reaction score
Install Zedge an search in there you might like the pre-made ringtones

samredman

Reaction score
Install the Ringdroid app. It will let you create a ringtone from any recording.

First you will need to use a recorder software program (just google for one) in your pc to create the message yourself. Google also for "voice distortion software." You can find some which will let you do a computer voice or a robot sounding voice (or any sort of distortion you want to create). After you make your recording, then load it on your Droid's sd card and use the ringdroid app to produce the ringtone you want.

Elytherial

Reaction score
Making ringtones

i have just had my droid a couple days...and wow...with y'all's help i am sooOO loving it. i just downloaded a couple ringtones from crackberry.com and then used ringdroid to turn them into droid ringtones....it works so well!! and it's all free!!:icon_ banana:

JaPaVanO

Reaction score
Ringtones - S-o-o-o COOL !

I'm a new Droid owner and just tried your suggestions here and downloaded a couple CB ringtones, converted w/RingDroid and am A-B-S-O-L-U-T-E-L-Y LOVIN' it !!! Thanks all you experts. :heart:

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hi, All! Thought maybe I would chime in here and make sure you keep those ringtones. This is the way many of us have found to keep them working flawlessly for months. Otherwise sometimes they stop working. First mount your Droid using a file manager like Linda or Astro. Then on the Droid SD card create a directory called "media". In the media directory just create a subdirectory called "audio". Then in the audio directory create three subdirectories called "notifications", "ringtones", and "alarms". Then just drop your files into the appropriate folder.

For notifications: media/audio/notifications
For ringtones: media/audio/ringtones
For alarms: media/audio/alarms

That's what I did and have had no problems. I drop new stuff in there all the time because I get bored easily... what else is new around here, huh?