Droid Razr Signal Sucks?! What gives?

Midnight6333

Reaction score
A few months ago I upgraded from a original Droid Motorola One to Droid Razr (4G).

I seriously miss my external keyboard. Although, Swype has made typing on a touch screen a little less frustrating...

What's really bothering me, is the signal. My old extremely outdated Droid Motorola One (3G) had better signal!!!! Seriously?

I rarely had to connect my old phone to WiFi, but with the razr I have to have it connected to WiFi all the time!!! Just to be able to use apps like...browser,Facebook, twitter, words with friends, rhapsody, Pandora, etc...any app that requires internet connection.

I've used my Motorola Droid One on long trips in the car (across states). Listening to Pandora or Rhapsody and using gsp navigation with no problems. With my Droid Razr I can't even drive to work listening to Pandora or rhapsody! No signal!! I can only really use my phone at home connected to WiFi....Seriously?

Is there something just wrong with my phone?

I have Verizon unlimited data.

Midnight

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Wow weird to hear rzr having signal issues. The best device out right now reception wise is the rezound. The nexus, bionic, amd razr will see updates to fix reception issues.

pabowhunter

Reaction score
I was having same problem but it cleared up... Verizon to blame it went on for a week now i have excellent signal

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Baseballd2

Reaction score
Throughout my whole work day today I had about 45 minutes of data where I could browse the internet and sync, WTF! This is getting me angry. Everyday my data cuts out every now and then. Today was just horrendous. This needs to get cleared up already

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
You gents MAY want to consider returning the phone. It's one of 2 issues.

#1 It's a hardware issue

#2 It's a network/coverage issue.

If you have a hardware problem, that can be fixed via exchange. If it's because of the network/coverage in your area, that may or not get fixed anytime soon.

Call them up to see if there are any network issues in the area that you live in. If not, have them exchange the phone out. If the new one does it, return it and wait till LTE matures a bit. The coverage in your area is not up to par.

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
Wow weird to hear rzr having signal issues. The best device out right now reception wise is the rezound. The nexus, bionic, amd razr will see updates to fix reception issues.

That is true. Best phone out there reception wise is the Rezound. Rock solid 4g signal. Right now on my Razr I have put it in cdma mode cause of the 4g drops. I live right on the boarder of 4g. But whenever I had my Rezound I would get 2bar 4g signal and it would hold. Kind of miss it but I am happy with my Razr other than the 4g drops it's a good phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR