Droid RAZR not connecting to home WiFi

dgehring

Reaction score
Just got a new Droid RAZR. It is not connecting to my home WIFI. The Router shows that is has assigned an IP address 192.168.etc. The Droid shows as being connected with the correct network name, but is shows a different IP address on the phone of 169.254.etc.

It was able to connect to the Best Buy Network, so I know it can work.

I've tried:

1) Cycling the router and phone
2) Removed all firewalls and security settings on router
3) Used the various WiFi apps to try to "force" a connection
4) Changed the router type from N to G and back again

So far, nothing works.

Any suggestions before I spend all day with tech support?

Thanks

Spyder5157

Reaction score
Same Problem, although I HAD it successfully connected for a day (Just got it) went to bed, today, it won't work. In the meantime, I had been at my GF's all day ON THE SAME ROUTER (We bought them same day), Cisco N, 1550
Her house, jumped right on, here it just keep trying and trying. Now, it connects to the other listed SSID-GUEST no problem, but I think that is G .

I wanted to just take off the WPA-2 Security to see, since I live far enough from people and am at a dead end, but I can't get the Cisco Software Figured out.

ONE LAST OPTION. The Channel it's using is bumping heads (I think we have 1-11 right?), I figured out how to change on the phone, but again, router ???

THIS ROUTER CAME WITH NO INSTRUCTIONS. Fine if there was a manual online, BUT that gave me a 404....

Sorry if when you saw a reply, help was here, I'm just here so we can use the buddy system I guess.

All my best .....Spyder / Jeff

OP
D

dgehring

Reaction score
I just bought a new router for $50, and that fixed the problem!