Droid razr max charger

Brad91

Reaction score
I just upgraded from my droid x2..are the Motorola chargers I have for my droid x2 OK and safe to use in my RAZR Max?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

xmguy

Reaction score
Yep. You should beable to use ANY micro USB charger for the Maxx. That is the type all the Droids have had. So you're good.

Sent from my Motorola (Droid) Razr Maxx.. out in the boonies of TN while picking on a guitar!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
This is true... but my maxx acts odd if i don't use the little box charger that came with my maxx.... my phone is temperamental ..... lol

Last edited:

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Well I had a battery failure with my first maxx. No idea what caused it but I was using a different charger so I am a little paranoid now about what charger I use.

Nelsonc

Reaction score
I don't get why people don't want to use the charger they get with their maxx. People are constantly asking this question. What's the big deal to swap out the chargers?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Yep. You should beable to use ANY micro USB charger for the Maxx. That is the type all the Droids have had. So you're good.

Sent from my Motorola (Droid) Razr Maxx.. out in the boonies of TN while picking on a guitar!

I simply disagree.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra

Yeah...fab up a cable with some car jumper cables and a micro usb....that should "do it" /sark

Wait, that requires that you understand both "sarcasm" and html end cmds....don't try that

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

huskur

Reaction score
I don't get why people don't want to use the charger they get with their maxx. People are constantly asking this question. What's the big deal to swap out the chargers?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

That would be because in addition to being at your house you also should have one at work if you need to charge there also. In some cases more than one charger is needed.

Not all chargers are equal when charging the Maxx. LG thin wire chargers get hot because of the amp draw the Maxx is using thus it shouldn't be used. If you use chargers that are Moto and have the separate usb cable that plug into the head that is in the wall socket you will be fine. They are of much higher amp draw and supply better power for charging.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
And the charger that I got in the box with my maxx, will accept two USB cables.... so it can charge two phones.

Chukee

Reaction score
I have never had an issue using different micro usb chargers. One of the reasons manufactors agreed to all use one form of charging was to cut down on buying chargers, mainly car chargers everytime you buy a different phone. I been using the same car charger for 3 phones so far. No issues.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Before using ANY charger, make sure that it will work on your new phone. Check the information found on the inside of the plug and make sure the numbers are the same. If they are less, or more, you can end up damaging your battery and since this battery canNOT be replaced easily, I would make SURE that the charger will not damage your phone.

kgren27546

Reaction score
I used a micro on my earbud but it won't charge phone.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I have never had an issue using different micro usb chargers. One of the reasons manufactors agreed to all use one form of charging was to cut down on buying chargers, mainly car chargers everytime you buy a different phone. I been using the same car charger for 3 phones so far. No issues.

I would love to find any kind of proof that manufacturers were concerned that we as consumers were going to be forced to buy another charger with our new phone. Frankly, if the phone didn't come with a charger and the instructions said "You can use ANY USB charger from ANY manufacturer", then I would buy your implication as fact.

Also, to suggest that competing phone manufacturers would "agree" to do something in unison to allow their competitors' chargers to work with their phones or vice versa is as hard to believe at best.

The reasons they individually (not agreeing together) decided to use the MicroUSB standard are because they are more durable and have a much higher connect/disconnect lifespan than the former standard, MiniUSB, and also because they give the phone immediate and high speed access to data on PCs. There was no corroboration between manufacturers of phones to make their phones and/or chargers compatible with their competitors' phones/chargers, and in fact they explicitly recommend against that exact action.

Chukee

Reaction score
I would love to find any kind of proof that manufacturers were concerned that we as consumers were going to be forced to buy another charger with our new phone. Frankly, if the phone didn't come with a charger and the instructions said "You can use ANY USB charger from ANY manufacturer", then I would buy your implication as fact.

Also, to suggest that competing phone manufacturers would "agree" to do something in unison to allow their competitors' chargers to work with their phones or vice versa is as hard to believe at best.

The reasons they individually (not agreeing together) decided to use the MicroUSB standard are because they are more durable and have a much higher connect/disconnect lifespan than the former standard, MiniUSB, and also because they give the phone immediate and high speed access to data on PCs. There was no corroboration between manufacturers of phones to make their phones and/or chargers compatible with their competitors' phones/chargers, and in fact they explicitly recommend against that exact action.

Well here it is...believe it or not. And this went for the United States as well. and i never said they were all concerned. I said they all came to an agreement. . This link is the closest i can find that was argued when the charging port on phones were standardized. Apple was one of the only major players that didnt go through with it. . Standardized mobile phone charger coming to EU—iPhone, too This is not new news. Found another link. http://hothardware.com/News/Phones-Chargers-To-Be-Standardized-In-2011/

Last edited: