Droid Razr bug (?) post 6.12.173 update

bienbien

Reaction score
Hello. Wanted to report that, following the update to android version 2.3.6 I've had this anomaly:
Status bar advised of several application updates available. When I went to Market to manually update, there were no updates showing in the Installed App section, but scrolling further down, saw that the Kindle App was listed in Not Installed, but with update. Ditto for Smart Actions. Both those apps were already installed and not hidden...and they updated without a problem. However, it looks like the Market isn't finding them where it searches for installed apps. Anyone else? Thanks!

Bienbien

OP
B

bienbien

Reaction score
Have not had that happen to me. I got the same notification regarding updates for kindle and it was listed in my installed section.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Thanks, Jungle King 76. Darn. Had hoped you were all similarly afflicted:happy3:
Am also showing in the Uninstalled Aps a new VZW app, Videos, that I think was new with the update. app version 1.4.2 US, showing Uninstalled, but it's on my phone, I can open it (though not, what I'd like to do, delete it...).
Have shut down, restarted, taken out SD card and re-installed...that app still shows up as an Uninstalled App.

bienbien

xxwabbit

Reaction score
Happening to me and I just do what you did. Kinda weird.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
My button to share a web page on the top right of the browser does not work anymore. Not sure if it is related to the update or something I froze. Anyone have that?

OP
B

bienbien

Reaction score
Share option working just fine for me, Sydman. Sorry!

bb

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Alright guess I will unfreeze one by one to see which one is causing it. I too had some updates after I did the new OS and didn't have the same problem as you. Only problem I had was the market was trying to update the Kindle app that I froze and was causing issues. I just unfroze did the update then froze again though to fix it.