droid r2d2 unroot? so confused :( help?

jcl197

Reaction score
It takes a few mins to finish. If once it is done it reboots and gets stuck in a boot loop with the droid logo and the red eye then you will have to do a battery pull and then boot into stock recovery and wipe data and cache

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
D

dennisgarcia

Reaction score
froyo lol the original one that comes on the phone, i do not want to mess with it lol i got the full sbf file from here on the forums :) a link i got earlier in the post :) crossing fingers and hopes this works! lol

jcl197

Reaction score
Lets hope you enjoy stock, its not very good if you ask me which is why the phone was probably rooted in the first place. At least i think now by going to stock the phone will be updated to gingerbread with the OTA update verizon will push to it.

OP
D

dennisgarcia

Reaction score
lol i just like the way the original droid 2 looks you know? this phone just feels odd lol the software and what im not big on customizing i like the stock product of it lol

its at 77 :D its easier than i thought but lets see what happens.

OP
D

dennisgarcia

Reaction score
not sure what happened but after it went to 100 it went back to 0%

says executed 0% in process.

phalstead

Reaction score
It has different things it cycles through throughout the update. Just give it time.

jcl197

Reaction score
When its about to finish you will see the message: Rebooting Phone

OP
D

dennisgarcia

Reaction score
ok its now rebooting, showing the droid red eye while it reboots.

it says please manually power up this phone but the phone is already on and its doing the droid brand name and red eye over and over again

how do i get to stock recovery and wipe date and cache?

OP
D

dennisgarcia

Reaction score
how can i stop it or fix it from rebooting the droid logo and red eye over and over again?

jcl197

Reaction score
Pull the battery, when u put it back in quickly push and hold the "x" key on the keyboard and the Power button, once it turns on if you pushed them quick enough and hold on long enough you will be at a screen with an android. Then push the magnifying glass button on the keyboard and choose Wipe Data/Factory reset, then when thats done choose reboot system