droid r2d2 unroot? so confused :( help?

dennisgarcia

Reaction score
hey everyone im new to this droid forum, just recently traded phones with someone on craigslist said his phone was rooted and rom or something? didnt quite understand.

traded phones and i see that it looks like it has the software of the droid 1? plus a few features lol

i dont know much about rooting at all been snooping around the forums here but still dont understand the concept? whats the simplest and easiest way to put my droid r2d2 back to stock form? The easiest way if possible lol

i would greatly appreciate it, would just like to use the droid 2 as if came out the box new lol

signed, lost newbie

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/...rld-present-droid-2-2-3-20-triple-threat.html

The process is called sbf. It will take you back to out of box conditions. That means no more root, but you can always just reroot after (it takes one click to root the d2)
You'll need the following from the above thread.:
D2 full sbf (extracted to desktop)
Rsd lite 4.9
The latest drivers from motorola's site
Put rsd lite on your computer
This may sound hard or intimidating, but it's suuuuuper easy

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

PTREE818

Reaction score
Yes hello, fellow r2d2 owner ur gonna want a file named vrz_A955_2.3.20_1ff_01 first find that next dwnld program called red lite make sure v .8 min. Now plug ur phone into USB 1st then into comptroller. Should start dwnlding drivers, if not dwnld them from Motorola.com. finally open red lite..to the right of the space that says file name there are 3 dots
.press them and put the vrz file in. Hit start and it will take u back to stock, just not r2d2 stock
Reg d2. K
Hope helps
}Ptree

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
D

dennisgarcia

Reaction score
thank you guys for all your help :) i appreciate it. one other question. i downloaded the sbf file the full one, and when i open the zip file and to see the sbf and click on the sbf it says its not there and to choose another program? is that the way its suppose to be?

also, i heard if i go into the verizon store to get my phone updated there it returns everything to reboot stock is that right?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
You need to extract the sbf to your desktop. Rsd won't see zip files
I'm not sure what you mean with the verizon thing...

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
You should research more before doing anything, you might,end,up undoing it and wanting to redo it later after you,learn why it was done in the,first place.

You said it looks like a droid 1, that's because its probably a blurrless rom.

PTREE818

Reaction score
Yes hello, when u dwnld that file it will ask run or save, pick save and choose desktop 4 destination. If it needs to be unrarred make a new folder on desktop and put it in that and just extra t it in the folder. Hope still helps. As 4 Verizon u are doin same thing they would b doing., or u can just select return to factory settings.
Ptree

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
D

dennisgarcia

Reaction score
when i plug in the phone to rsd lite it doesnt show up on rsd lite? what am i doing wrong?

phalstead

Reaction score
If you're on WinVista/Win7, you need to run rsd as administrator to get the device to appear. Sometimes you need to go into the settings in rsd and change the device to first come first serve.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
D

dennisgarcia

Reaction score
im running windows xp as administrator did the devid id like stated on other threads restared the ds lite and nothing. did first come first serve and it says restart rds lite to take effect.

phalstead

Reaction score
Forgot to mention you have to boot the phone into the Bootloader to sbf. Are you doing that as well?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
D

dennisgarcia

Reaction score
im on windows xp, running as administrator also. i clicked the rds lite did config, then went to first come first serve told me to restart the rds lite for it to work restarted it and the phone still doesnt show up on it? any suggestions?

OP
D

dennisgarcia

Reaction score
wait i think i do have a bootloader? when i turn off my phone and turn it back on it goes to a black and green screen says clockworkmod? is that what your talking about? where do i go after that?