droid r2d2 unroot? so confused :( help?

UNC

Reaction score
ok its now rebooting, showing the droid red eye while it reboots.

it says please manually power up this phone but the phone is already on and its doing the droid brand name and red eye over and over again

how do i get to stock recovery and wipe date and cache?

Dennis you made the right call asking for help here, but this is why I try not to help noobs too much (don't take that wrong) someone shouldve pointed you to a tut imo.

I do not own a R2 D2 but from my MOTO experience i can say that sometimes the sbf doesnt "take" and you have to run it again... But before you do, let it sit for 15 minutes and see if it doesnt boot passed the droid eye. I think you shouldve seen If there were any backups before having you run Rsd, but now i fear that ship has sailed. It wouldve been easy to restore the oldest back up and run the factory reset....

The good news is that these MOTO phones are tough to brick as long as you can get to the bootloadet, the bad news is that you may be reading and flashing for the next few hours.

OP
D

dennisgarcia

Reaction score
ok awesome it worked! thanks again soooo much guys for the help. it was easy doing it step by step with your help :) could have never figured this out on my own lol

thanks again :) its back and running the original droid 2 stock

UNC

Reaction score
Good. Im glad it worked. I take back what i said! Good job guys on walking him thru this!!! And good job following directions Dennis!!!!

OP
D

dennisgarcia

Reaction score
lol just didnt like the other software didnt have back up assistant it just looked odd but glad to be running froyo again lol not much of a techy but i am pretty smart and i follow directions well i just need a step by step :p its all good unc no hard feelings ;)

ill be sticking around the forums now on to see whats new with the droid 2 :p lol

thanks so much again guys

jcl197

Reaction score
Glad to hear your up and running. You almost had the sbf process down properly, someone should have told you that before you SBF you need to go into stock recovery and do the factory reset so that your phone wont boot loop, other than that you did everything right. Good Job!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

phalstead

Reaction score
Jcl, just out of pure curiousity, what would wiping data/cache do before doing an sbf? The sbf reflashes the device entirely, and if I'm not mistaken, it would wipe for you. Its the same way Motorola programs devices.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums