Droid Overclock - JRummy

MistaWolfe

Reaction score
I installed this earlier and it failed to install the overclock module. There is an experimental module you can try, but I didn't have the stones to push the button.

Anyone else try it?

trook

Reaction score
Im on the experimental on my droid 2, it works just fine, have you tried re-installing the apk?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
MistaWolfe

MistaWolfe

Reaction score
Im on the experimental on my droid 2, it works just fine, have you tried re-installing the apk?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

No I haven't. I'm thinking the worst that could happen is it doesn't work. I decided I'm going to leave my speeds as is for now.

brockeverly

Reaction score
It came over with Titanium Backup and is reading the temps at 7000 degrees so I am pretty sure there are some changes that need to happen. I have used it to block adds and manage boot animation but thats all.

Icfatpeople

Reaction score
I can't wait for a working overclock!!

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Stagger

Reaction score
I'm currently investigating how they managed to get it working on the Atrix. I have limited OS and Kernel knowledge, but quite a bit of assembly and C, so I'll see if I can't cook something up. If anyone has an idea on stuff to point me in good directions, feel free to pm me.

Stagger

Reaction score
Last edited:

Snow02

Reaction score
Theoretically, the atrix module should require minimal tweaking, if any to get working. Same chipset, same OS. Should be cake. No need to wait to do anything - loading a module won't have a persistent effect. A simple reboot would solve any problems you encounter.

I wouldn't be surprised if jrummy releases an update shortly to enable it.

Elkay

Reaction score
Theoretically, the atrix module should require minimal tweaking, if any to get working. Same chipset, same OS. Should be cake. No need to wait to do anything - loading a module won't have a persistent effect. A simple reboot would solve any problems you encounter.

I wouldn't be surprised if jrummy releases an update shortly to enable it.

This. I was the one that got the first Droid X overclock working. Unless you have the module installing in one of the startup scripts, a power cycle removes any modules you load manually. I haven't had the time to look at the kernel module and memory addresses yet. I'm sure JRummy will get it going before I have a chance to.

psouza4

Reaction score
CPU Master (free and paid versions) is capable of overclocking and underclocking the nVidia Tegra 2 CPU. I've been using it on my Viewsonic G-Tablet for about a month now... it's nothing fancy, but it works. Tried it last night on my new Droid X2 and it works there too.

Of course, the stock kernel doesn't have any higher slots than the 1,000 MHz setting, so until new modules or kernels change this, you can only underclock with this app.