Droid Overclock No Root?

mikex

Reaction score
Having a problem with Droid Overclock and Battery Calibration not asking for, therefore, not gaining root access ever since flashing v.7. Also, QuickClock Advanced isn't able to load module. I've tried wiping data on each app. And, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling each app. Also tried fixing permissions in Liberty (tried to fix permissions in Rom Mgr, but it failed-error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands). Tried using same settings in Liberty to overclock I was using in Droid Overclock, and that led to 4 freezes and reboots in an hour. Please help-getting frustrated with Liberty.

kilahimm

Reaction score
What happens when you open SuperUser.apk, does it force close?

OP
mikex

mikex

Reaction score
No. It opens and shows apps with root access: AdjBrightness, Droid 2 Bootstrapper, Liberty Customizer, Liberty Toolbox, and Titanium Backup.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do you have a backup of the apk and data in titanium backup? If so, try restoring data and see if that helps

Hi my name is Domenic and im a DroidForums addict

OP
mikex

mikex

Reaction score
Do you have a backup of the apk and data in titanium backup? If so, try restoring data and see if that helps

I tried restoring data in TB, but that didn't do it.

Capper

Reaction score
Same exact issue I've been posting about for a week. Superuser works fine, all other rooted apps work fine....
Not all of us have/use titanium backup.
JRummy is part of the Liberty team, correct? He needs to be a lot more involved in this forum.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you think it's a liberty issue, post the bug in the lgb bugs thread. Also you can send a logcat to [email protected] (dl the app alogcat from the market)

Hi my name is Domenic and im a DroidForums addict

wchaworth

Reaction score
I had the same issue. I wiped cache, data, davlik and installed LGB.6. now I updated to .7. All apps gain root.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Capper

Reaction score
I had the same issue. I wiped cache, data, davlik and installed LGB.6. now I updated to .7. All apps gain root.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

You see, I'd actually like to use my phone for things other than constantly backing up and reinstalling stuff. I love Liberty, and appreciate the work put into it.... But again, if you are willing to take peoples money, then you should at least make courtesy appearances in the forum to see whats going on, give input on issues, etc.

OP
mikex

mikex

Reaction score
Finally got the answer from MSKKS64, who was having a similar problem. I had to clear data for Superuser app and that fixed it!!! Thanks to all who tried to help. dancedroid