Droid makes faint beeping alomost like morse code

ibanfly

Reaction score
I have a Verizon Moto Droid and have had it for a little over a month. A couple days ago it started making faint high pitched beeps almost as if were morse code. It is very faint but I can hear it and it drives me up the wall. Right before I get a call it gets a smidge louder but turns to a long dash before the phone lights up and the screen reports a call.
I use animated widgets, SNESoid, Google maps, Google talk and various other applications but I stopped all of them and the noise was still there. Maybe a bad app update? I don't know but any help would be greatly appreciated
-Ibanfly

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm a ham radio operator and know morse code. If you tell me the sequence of dits and dashes, I'll tell you what it's saying....probably something like "E.T. - Phone Home".

Seriously, never heard anyone having that issue, but I do know the code and am a ham.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
. .-.-.- - .-.-.- .--. .... --- -. . .... --- -- .

:d

OP
I

ibanfly

Reaction score
Right now its just 2 beeps. The second beep comes 1.5 seconds after the first then nothing for 2.5 seconds then starts the sequence over again and no dashes from what I hear now. Before the beeps were closer and there was a dash. Crazy strange
Oh yeah, I'm not running any unknown or cracked applications either

Last edited:

Essex

Reaction score
do you have another phone that you could record it doing this?