Weird noises coming from my OG Droid

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by baune, Aug 28, 2011.

1. baune

baune New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Recently (about the last two weeks) i've been getting weird sounds coming from my Droid speaker, and noticed my battery life dropped quite a bit. Here's what i'm getting.

After I get a text, I get a faint static sound from the speaker for about 3-4 seconds. It also seems like whenever the screen is on and I put the speaker up to my ear I can hear a faint, high pitched sound coming from it. Whenever I hit the power button to turn the screen off, or unlock the screen, it makes that static noise for a few seconds. When I go into the sound settings to select a notification ringtone, it's all garbled and sounds like a record player slowed way down.

I have an original droid running the charity rom and the stock kernel it came with. I've been using this for a long time with no problems until recently. Anyone experience this or know about it? Thanks

2. sjackson007

sjackson007 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mine is doing the same thing except often it will not turn off and I'm forced to restart. Battery is also a problem. Pretty bad actually, my wife's thunderbolt is better, if that tells u anything. I'm running project elite gb. Maybe someone will have some insite as to why.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Search tags for this page
droid making weird noises
my android is making weird noises

my cell phone is making weird noises

my droid makes static noise
my phone is making static noise
my phone is making weird noises
my phone makes weird noises
phone making weird noises

why does my cell phone make a weird noise

why is my droid making noises