Speaker keeps "popping" off

Mikeybeanz

Reaction score
I noticed a faint popping noise every once in awhile when using my nexus. Yesterday I realized it was coming from the speaker. I keep my phone in vibrate and shut all app sounds off but for some reason, the speaker turns on by itself and then shuts off with a popping sound (about 3 seconds after the speaker turns on). This happening to anyone else? It might be haptic feedback related cause it only seems to happen when the screen vibrates.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Every time I reboot into cwm it pops off. And I do that about 30-40 times a day so its not a random occurrence.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Samurai26

Reaction score
I noticed a faint popping noise every once in awhile when using my nexus. Yesterday I realized it was coming from the speaker. I keep my phone in vibrate and shut all app sounds off but for some reason, the speaker turns on by itself and then shuts off with a popping sound (about 3 seconds after the speaker turns on). This happening to anyone else? It might be haptic feedback related cause it only seems to happen when the screen vibrates.

This same exact scenario is happening to me, I have no idea how to fix it at all

PhishyKris

Reaction score
confirmed. Speaker is making craxkling/popping sounds. I really hope this one is software fix and not a batch of 100,000 bad components.

OP
M

Mikeybeanz

Reaction score
Since I dont use sounds, in settings -> sounds -> touch sounds....I shut that off and it doesn't happen anymore. It was weird because even though my phone was in vibrate/silence mode it was still trying to play the sound.

pool_shark

Reaction score
Mine makes that annoying sound seemingly only with my email notification. I doesn't happen watching videos, listening to music, or with text notifications. I used the same email sound on my droid x and it didn't crackle like this.