Droid Mail / Outlook issue

cbjacket83

Reaction score
Sorry if this is simple or posted (I could not find it) but I'm having an issue with my email. I use my email professionally and receive it on my phone as well as on Outlook 2010. Problem I'm having is when I receive it on my phone it won't show up in outlook (but is still on gmail.com) and vise versa for opening it on Outlook, it won't show up on my phone. Any suggestions on how to get my email to show up on both? This is very frustrating, I just joined Droid but am starting to miss my Blackberry a little bit. Thanks in advance for help

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It sounds like you have the gmail website deleting the email off the server when it pulls it. I would assume there's a setting for that. Log into you gmail account on the pc and once at the gmail inbox, in the upper right corner is "Settings". Check in there.

OP
C

cbjacket83

Reaction score
That is not the case. When I go to gmail.com my emails are still in there, I wanted to use the "Mail" app on the phone but guess I'll have to use the Gmail one instead

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Also, are you using the Gmail app on the phone or the native email app? You should, in my opinion, be using the Gmail app. The native email app sucks. :)

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The regular email app on the Droid will loose the emails once they are off the server. The Gmail app doesn't do that. They stay on that app until you delete them.

Plus there's the added advantage that when gmail.com gets emails from your server/servers, it pushes them to the phone. That means the app isn't constantly going to the servers and checking for new emails. It does save battery power.

Good luck.