Droid losing photos?

Dibrom

Reaction score
Anyone else experience this? I had just under 400 pictures spread out over several folders, now I have only ~30. Looked on my SD card and the files are gone. Seems like it's only my pictures that have vanished. Anyone heard of this?

astrica

Reaction score
Ya, my phone just a month ago "lost" over 2000 pictures! I use pda net, so I theorized that the extra heat may be causing my card to overheat, but then while on a call, I lost the picture that was my background image. luckily, I was able to recover all of my pictures using a card recovery program. I do have another card available to use if this one is permanently damaged, but I don't want to swap it out until I'm sure I have fixed the cause of the data loss. Any help would be great! Thank you.

Dolfan

Reaction score
Anyone else experience this? I had just under 400 pictures spread out over several folders, now I have only ~30. Looked on my SD card and the files are gone. Seems like it's only my pictures that have vanished. Anyone heard of this?

I loose all photos taken with the camera when and if I do a power off/reboot, when the reboot is complete I have no photos that I have taken on the phone anymore, but have got no replys as to why this is happening or maybe a way to fix it...the phone was working fine un till I rooted, then something somewhere changed thats not saving my camera photos upon reboot..

Bob

6bolt2g

Reaction score
It is a big issue with a good chunk of phones. Known to happen on the Droid, Droid X, and Droid 2, possibly more. Some think its the gallery doing it, but it seems to be related to something in 2.2 that auto arranges music and picture files. There is a bit writeup on the Motorola forums, I'd like it but I don't have much time right now. No mention of rooted phones getting the issue, but they may be leaving that info out of the forum. But I have been rooted since 2.1 and have never had the issue on my Droid (Bought in Dec. 2009). My co-worker got a Droid 1 about 4 months after me and he is stock and has applied the OTA updates and has experienced the issue. He just noticed it a week ago, but no telling when it actually happened.

Dolfan

Reaction score
It is a big issue with a good chunk of phones. Known to happen on the Droid, Droid X, and Droid 2, possibly more. Some think its the gallery doing it, but it seems to be related to something in 2.2 that auto arranges music and picture files. There is a bit writeup on the Motorola forums, I'd like it but I don't have much time right now. No mention of rooted phones getting the issue, but they may be leaving that info out of the forum. But I have been rooted since 2.1 and have never had the issue on my Droid (Bought in Dec. 2009). My co-worker got a Droid 1 about 4 months after me and he is stock and has applied the OTA updates and has experienced the issue. He just noticed it a week ago, but no telling when it actually happened.

And no one has found a soloution to the problem as of yet? :icon_eek:

Bob

Dolfan

Reaction score

And no one has found a soloution to the problem as of yet? :icon_eek:

Bob

STILL Nothing on this????

madaopul

Reaction score
This happened to me as well, and the funny thing is that I restored my settings etc. with TiBu and my background was still there. After trying to change my background I found that the background I restored wasn't in the gallery anymore. I am going to look into recovering these and let you know if I come up with anything.

madaopul

Reaction score
Ok, so I found a program to recover files from the sd-card but unfortunately I am still unsure why this happens. The program that I used is call Recuva and it is made by Piriform who makes CCleaner so I at least it's legit. If anybody knows why this is happening though it would be greatly appreciated. I have found that I believe that this happened the night that I installed BB, if anybody thinks that it happened to them about the same time let me know.

Dolfan

Reaction score
Ok, so I found a program to recover files from the sd-card but unfortunately I am still unsure why this happens. The program that I used is call Recuva and it is made by Piriform who makes CCleaner so I at least it's legit. If anybody knows why this is happening though it would be greatly appreciated. I have found that I believe that this happened the night that I installed BB, if anybody thinks that it happened to them about the same time let me know.

I dont find an app anywhere by that name on the market, I dont remember when mine started doing it...think one day I was playing in the gallery of photos to use one as my wallpaper and some reason it gave me an option when I tryed to set the wallpaper to use gallery or astro file manager and I may have hit astro by mistake, I dont member really, but since maybe then anytime I shut down the phone whatever photos I have taken are gone from the gallery upon reboot...

Bob

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you used Astro try looking in your settings, apps, manage apps, Astro and look to see if it's set as default for anything. You wrote you don't remember but if you hit it by mistake you may have accidentally hit use it by default also

Support Our Troops!! written in some form from a wifi monolith.

madaopul

Reaction score
It is not used on the phone, it is to be used on your pc. You need to take your sd card out and connect it to your computer that way. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I dont find an app anywhere by that name on the market, I dont remember when mine started doing it...think one day I was playing in the gallery of photos to use one as my wallpaper and some reason it gave me an option when I tryed to set the wallpaper to use gallery or astro file manager and I may have hit astro by mistake, I dont member really, but since maybe then anytime I shut down the phone whatever photos I have taken are gone from the gallery upon reboot...

Bob

Dolfan

Reaction score
If you used Astro try looking in your settings, apps, manage apps, Astro and look to see if it's set as default for anything. You wrote you don't remember but if you hit it by mistake you may have accidentally hit use it by default also

I did just check that, in the astro settings it said no defaults set...I have tryed going to back up roms I have made also, and same thing, photos all diassapear if I shut down and reboot...

Bob

Dolfan

Reaction score

I did just check that, in the astro settings it said no defaults set...I have tryed going to back up roms I have made also, and same thing, photos all diassapear if I shut down and reboot...

Bob

Try this thread and see if following the steps discribed helps...I have my photos back in the galley..

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-rooted-help/116810-losing-photos.html#post1200291