Photos in "Camera"--move to SD?

jenweber33

Reaction score
I've taken about 7 pictures with my droid. When I look in "my gallery" I find 4 folders, "camera pictures", "camera media", "all pictures", and "sd card" All 7 pictures are in the first 3 folders.
The "sd card" only has one picture in it and it is a picture I saved from an email.
I'm assuming that the "camera pictures, media, and all pictures" are in the phone memory...? Is this correct? If so, how do I move them onto the "sd card" to free up phone memory? I'm hoping I don't have to move them to a pc, then back? The user guide is NOT clear on this. Thanks:)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
All photos are in sdcard/dcim/camera folder unless you have changed it.

None are stored in phone memory.

hanzie

Reaction score
why does my phone create multiple folders with the same photos? then when i look on the sd card those folders are not there?

pyro6128

Reaction score
They are there, theyre in the dcmi folder on your sd card, as backnblack stated

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
why does my phone create multiple folders with the same photos? then when i look on the sd card those folders are not there?

Thats because those are not folders but gallery views.

hanzie

Reaction score
They are there, theyre in the dcmi folder on your sd card, as backnblack stated
im looking at it clear as day, in the sd card it shows "camera" and the pics are there but no other folders.. my phone itself shows 4 folders all with the same pics

danh63

Reaction score
How do I get to my SD card? If I delete them in gallery will they be deleted on the card?

sirthanh

Reaction score
How do I get to my SD card? If I delete them in gallery will they be deleted on the card?

Use ASTRO file explorer from the marketplace. This program allows you to view folders as you would on a PC. Just go through the folders and look for the duplicates and delete/sort as you like.

givemeabreak

Reaction score
Ok I had several hundred photos in my phone and I have no idea if they are on my sd card or not. I down loaded all of them into my PC and they did not erase as I instructed them to. I have been deleting them in blocks of 50 or so. I have deleted all emails, texts and voice mails and I am still told after clearing all caches for all apps one at a time that I have no storage. I deleted most all of my aps I down loaded even those on sd card and cannot manage texts or voice mail. so what is going on? When I forst got this phone I could have n900+ photosn ad still get email.... I also get what the other person was saying in another post "butt dialing" I am constantly accused of that when I am in fact charging my phone with the cord that was given to me at verizen when I bought the phone. so advice?:mad: