Droid Lagging!!!

BigE"s DROID

Reaction score
My droid is running slow and seems like all apps need to be force closed.... where should i start?

crspang

Reaction score
I've noticed that when I have swype running that my phones performance starts to degrade after about three or four hours after starting swype.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've had Swype installed for a couple of weeks and my Droid is lightning fast too. Mostly because I abandoned every alternate Home out there - GDE, Panda, aHome, Home++ - uninstall them, they're all culprits in the lag department. Even if you're running any of them now and think I'm wrong about the lag issues they cause, don't uninstall, just go to the Market and look for "Home Switcher" and go to the default Droid Home screen for a few minutes and see if that fixes your lag issues. I have a sneaky suspicion it will. Report back if I was right or wrong.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My droid is running slow and seems like all apps need to be force closed.... where should i start?
Do you have an anit-virus installed? If so start there, and DELETE it. There's no need. no confirmed viruses for Android.

Are you running a Task killer? Turn off the auto kill feature and let the phone run without killing tasks. Android handles memory allocation very well.