Droid X2 freezing at boot

LAKingsFan24

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was using my Droid X2 today and was on the browser when it just started lagging like hell. I let it sit but it kept lagging even worse to the point where it said both Home and Settings were not responsive and if I wanted to force close them (which I didn't).

I battery pulled and when I put it back in, the damn phone freezes at boot. It gets to the red eye and it does the small vibration to indicate it's about to go to the home screen but the animation keeps going, until it finally just freezes.

What could be the problem and how can I fix it without doing a factory reset?

I haven't rooted my phone, didn't have any faulty apps from what I remember, and it started lagging as soon as the refresh looking icon in my task bar at the top popped up (I think that's for Gmail refreshing?)

Thanks for your help in advance

dearon16

Reaction score
Since the OTA update, mine has been doing the same thing. Mine was previously rooted, but I didn't have Rootkeeper. I assumed that the installation would fail like they had in the past, but it just removed my root. Now it freezes a few minutes after it turns on. Sometimes removing the battery for something like an hour makes it work again.