random problems

sabin_hardy

Reaction score
Hey all. I've had to hard reset my Moto Droid twice since I've had it. Once it was just being slow and stupid, the second is because it bricked on me.

It has now been force closing the App Marketplace, it has reset all my ringtones, and just seems to want to not light up correctly, or tries to force close everything else that it opens. I don't know of anything new that I have done to it. It was working fine, then just started acting stupid for no reason. It's getting really annoying.

Does anyone have any ideas on why any of this is happening, or especially anyways to try and fix this. Thanks much.

OyVOid

Reaction score
If you are still under the 30 days, return it. If you can't, then have the Verizon techs troubleshoot it for you. Make sure it's working the way you want it before you leave the store.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you are still under the 30 days, return it. If you can't, then have the Verizon techs troubleshoot it for you. Make sure it's working the way you want it before you leave the store.

Well, first try a factory reset (either from within settings, or turn the phone off and hold the power button and x until you get to a screen with a "!" then press and hold the volume up and tap the camera button, it will warn you that you are about to reset (and loose all data).

I say to do this before going to the store because that is the first thing they will do... Then after it's rebooted use it without installing any apps for a bit and see what happens. If it's still on the fritz than it's time for an exchange... but yes, make SURE it's acting up before you take it in. And if at ALL possible try to figure out how to 'force' the issues. So that after they do the reset (again) you can show it's not working...