Everything Force Close error even after Hard reset

strattmk

Reaction score
Well Title just about says it. I have a moto droid and noticed I hadn't received a txt for about 24 which is unusual so I tried to open the txt app and it popped up a force close error. Then every app I tried did a force close error on it. I did a factory reset. Nothing. Did a hard reset through the boot menu...it would let me activate and put in my gmail but could not turn on sync to get my contacts or get any apps to download. So I did a hard reset again(3 resets total). I got my gmail to sync and I could do txts but no new apps would download. Lasted about 2 hours then everything went back into force close mode again. I have removed the SD card. I did notice however that the background pic which was not a stock one has remained the same. So I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a way to actually reset the phone 100% or reload the original software on it or anything or if I am just out of luck. Oh and I have never hacked, rooted or put any non market apps on it or anything like that just a stock droid.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you have installed any new apps, especially a task killer, remove them. Some of the keyboard apk's cause issues.

Mike

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My feeling is that if you've done a factory data reset and you're still having issues it's time to exercise your warranty and get a replacement.

Twigg4075

Reaction score
Ever since the 2.2 update I get force closes all the time on almost any application, Google search bar included. It's a joke.

And speaking of the search bar, I'm getting so tired of it hanging on me. Nothing like typing something in and waiting 30 seconds for it to catch up.

justbeinreal

Reaction score
better have warranty

i took my phone to verizon and they did everything you did and gave my phone back to me and said that they were not trained to handle this problem and they are not responsible for anything that happened to your phone i am 18 with no warranty and have to put up with this brick for two years but my problems emerged after the ee4 update it killed every part of my phone the only thing you can do is uninstall all the the apps you downloaded and always charge your phone never let it die and dont download anything but even then problems still surface but its the best i can do cant wait for the moto bionic now revised version only