droid is the strongest phone evar! check this out

BKS

Reaction score
I think I might cry the 1st time I drop mine...lol

I bought the Droid hard case for some additional protection because it's bound to happen at some point. :icon_eek:

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
The glass isn't coated it is just chemically altered to be BAMF.

It is VERY scratch resistant but being glass, it's main weakness will be rock/sand/diamond lol imagine your car windshield. You can use sharp things to scrape ice off, use razor blades to remove stickers, wash it with whatever you want, and it is always fine. But live somewhere with lots of sand and it will be pitted in no time.

That is why my screen has a couple little chips in the screen, I dropped it face-down onto cement that had a few pieces of gravel/rocks on it. :icon_eek:

mrgarrison

Reaction score
did you feel like you were going to cut yourself swiping through features of phone? my buddy has a droid eris he cracked his screen and feels like your ganna cut your finger off lol.
Also the droid has gorilla glass if you google it or youtube it, you will find it is the new technology and the best for laptops, cellphones, anything that has possiblity for a drop very awesome technology

lol no the thing really keeping it all together is just the cheap sticky screen protector. i think without that on the whole screen would fall off in about 50 pieces and the phone wouldnt work. so it was definately worth the $1 or whatever they are.

LatinaC09

Reaction score
i dropped my moto droid once and it wasn't a far drop.....but im very sure not to drop it at all...as with all my electronics

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
lol no the thing really keeping it all together is just the cheap sticky screen protector. i think without that on the whole screen would fall off in about 50 pieces and the phone wouldnt work. so it was definately worth the $1 or whatever they are.
I'm not sure because I dropped mine and the top right corner cracked. There are a few cracks that caused one piece to be completely by itself (not attached to the main piece of glass) and it hasn't fallen out. It's been broken for about a week now. There COULD be some type of film/coating underneath to hold it together.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
LOL don't blame you.

I think I'm gonna pick up an otterbox case for mine. I notice you had the body glove which is pretty beastly also and that didn't help. :( The otterbox is a silicone case covered in a hard case.

mrgarrison

Reaction score
yeah i have the body glove but only had the back part on at the time because the front didnt wanna stay on so my droid got :icon_ owned:

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
ouch :(

Well mine has a crack in the upper screen and a dent/scrape on the chin and a few chips on the sides. I definitely need a case before I pull a mrgarrison on this thing.