droid is stuck on moto symbol while loading

OP
T

The Alabama Hamma

Reaction score
no i rooted it fine. I tried to change the status bar by the framework-res.apk. I know its stupid to to do something im not familiar with but I thought I could follow directions. I am detail oriented so I know I got the code correct following the directions. now the phone is stuck will not turn off or get past the moto symbol. what now? is this what they mean by brick?

LosAngeles

Reaction score
no i rooted it fine. I tried to change the status bar by the framework-res.apk. I know its stupid to to do something im not familiar with but I thought I could follow directions. I am detail oriented so I know I got the code correct following the directions. now the phone is stuck will not turn off or get past the moto symbol. what now? is this what they mean by brick?

Oh I see you made a thread here. Do you have the recovery.img on your phone? You should be able to fix it easily with that. If not try and see if you can access adb at all while its at the moto screen.. if not then I don't know what you can do about it.. besides getting a new phone

OP
T

The Alabama Hamma

Reaction score
but can i boot it from update.zip from the sd card if its on there? It wont boot to safe mode but I can get into the power+x screen.

LosAngeles

Reaction score
but can i boot it from update.zip from the sd card if its on there? It wont boot to safe mode but I can get into the power+x screen.

To my knowledge I think you need to be able to use adb to install the recovery.img.. update.zip is another thing. Did you already try restoring your phone and using the update.zip? I think the only way you could fix it is if you have access to adb or maybe verizon can flash the phone for you.. Maybe someone else with more experience with droids and fixing them has some input?

harpua

Reaction score
yeah i'm at the same spot with mine right now. i can get to adb but don't know what path to take from there. so i'm stuck. good luck. someone will have directions for us soon

edit. i went ahead and tried to run from the sd card. no luck, ran the update, didn't do a thing. i tried booting in safe mode. that doesnt even work..so i hard reset the phone. wiped it clean. still stuck at the M.

-i got a replacement in store

Last edited:

tyarbro13

Reaction score
thought id post my experience, had the same thing happen to me. booted in sprecovery mode and installed my last 2.1 recovery before changing the framework, and phone worked fine. im sure u could boot a 2.0.1 rom, as long as it was before trying to change the status bar color.

JakeMan235

Reaction score
my droid is rooted and it powered off while installing something from the droidroothelper app now i believe it to be bricked. I am in the same situation, stuck on the moto symbol "M", and my adb doesn't see the device any suggestions?

bucsfann20

Reaction score
twist

would anyone know why this would happen to a phone that has not been rooted or anything like that?