Won't boot after attempted ROM install stays at moto symbol

Zachccccc

Reaction score
I have a moto Droid and I recently started looking into Rooting/Custom Roms. I rooted my phone a few days ago with no problem. Then today I tried installing CVPCS Sapphire and I got all the way to the Moto Symbol that pops up on power up it stayed at this symbol for 20-ish minutes, I figured it should only take 10minutes tops to I restarted the phone and did the restore to a previous restore (from nandroid) I had that I know works. But the problem is it just sits at the White moto symbol and doesn't go any further. Any Ideas ? Or fixes ?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Are you using SPRecovery?

What rom did you back up? Was it an advanced nandroid?

While plugged in do you see the white led next to the cord socket on the phone?

Good chance you are rebooting with what your phone thinks is a low battery. Plugging into a wall socket will speed up the time you have to wait until it reboots finally.

Do you know how fully charged you were when you started?

btw..Welcome to the forums:)

OP
Z

Zachccccc

Reaction score

Good chance you are rebooting with what your phone thinks is a low battery. Plugging into a wall socket will speed up the time you have to wait until it reboots finally.

Rom in SPRecovery made with Advanced Nandroid

The white LED is not lit while plugged in, it was at about 70-80% charged

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

The LED on the side of the phone, right next to the cord socket, needs to be lit or the phone is not charging. Try the usb cord on the PC to see if it makes a difference. Charging via computer is a lot slower than charging via wall outlet but a slow charge is better than no charge.

OP
Z

Zachccccc

Reaction score

The LED on the side of the phone, right next to the cord socket, needs to be lit or the phone is not charging. Try the usb cord on the PC to see if it makes a difference. Charging via computer is a lot slower than charging via wall outlet but a slow charge is better than no charge.
Plugged into wall and computer, restored to "preinstall" restore I had lying in the nandroid from recovery that got me to the boot screen for adamZ ROM but it wouldnt boot further, but when it got to that boot screen the LED came on X.x confusing

EDIT ! **

Got it !!!

lol yeah got one of my stable recoveries working :) many thanks