Droid Incredible -- "Void?"

zMd113

Reaction score
Call *611 and tell them the issue and what the local store said. Cut out the middle man. They'll ship a replacement and have you ship yours to them if the seal is intact. They will overnight it too.

I just called 611 and talked to someone. She said that the order was placed and that it is showing up August 3rd is the approx shipping date. So no, they aren't over nighting it =-[. I asked her how long the Droid X would take to ship because they offered me that phone instead, and she said it's right around the same date...and being a girl with small hands I like the incredible better because it is easier to hold and use so I didn't switch it. Too bad though, HTC will not get my business after this phone.

It's a great phone you'll love it. Everyone gets a dud at some point in there life. I received a dud NINTENDO DS, I bought on launch day it worked for about a 3 weeks then the touch screen messed up. NINTENDO sent me a new one but I was so pissed I sold it on ebay.

Last edited:
OP
K

kelly22790

Reaction score
Call *611 and tell them the issue and what the local store said. Cut out the middle man. They'll ship a replacement and have you ship yours to them if the seal is intact. They will overnight it too.

I just called 611 and talked to someone. She said that the order was placed and that it is showing up August 3rd is the approx shipping date. So no, they aren't over nighting it =-[. I asked her how long the Droid X would take to ship because they offered me that phone instead, and she said it's right around the same date...and being a girl with small hands I like the incredible better because it is easier to hold and use so I didn't switch it. Too bad though, HTC will not get my business after this phone.

It's a great phone you'll love it. Everyone gets a dud at some point in there life. I received a dud NINTENDO DS, I bought on launch day it worked for about a 3 weeks then the touch screen messed up. NINTENDO sent me a new one but I was so pissed I sold it on ebay.

I should probably start a new post for this but I will just do it here anyway.

I mentioned that she gave me the option for the Droid X. Anyone recommend the switch? I know I said that I didn't consider it before because of the screen, but after looking at reviews online side by side, it really doesn't look that much bigger (width), the height doesn't really matter to me because it's texting/typing that I was worried about. So in that way, I suppose I wouldn't mind either now. So now I'm in a dilemma (sorry for being a pain lol).

The pros for the Droid X for me would be that it can be shipped sooner than the Incredible (7/27 ship date opposed to 8/3 ship date), the bigger screen is almost a little more appealing just because you can see things better on it especially videos, after seeing the reviews for the keyboard I like the X better because for the Incredible it took forever because your suggestions come up at the top of the screen whereas the X's come up right above the keyboard & it also has the rich text options which is nice, I like the noise cancellation mics for better call quality, the blockbuster app, the better battery life, the fact you can plug it into your TV and watch videos that way, and it's better to see outdoors. Some of these things aren't that important to me though, just bonuses.

As far as the Incredible I think that this phone looks so much nicer. It's more feminine (although I think both of them look kind of manish) but of the two the Incredible looks more like a woman's phone than the X. I personally think that the colors look better on the Incredible and it just overall looks nicer and like it is a high quality phone. I did get to play around with it for a bit before it broke on me and I like that there are no physical buttons, I liked the amount of customization & things look more polished and clean cut then the X does. Even where the X is a little better, the Incredible is still top notch as well. I made a few calls on the phone and the quality was excellent, and the camera was awesome. The X can shoot 720 but the Incredible will be able to do that soon too so that doesn't even matter. Also, the fact that the X can hook into the TV doesn't matter much because HTC could come out with a cable that you can use by plugging it into the Micro-USB port on the phone.

The only other thing is how HTC screwed me over with a dud =-[. Ahhh, sorry, I know that's a lot of information but any help would be wonderful.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you're not into rooting your phone then take the X. If you were looking forward to rooting then stay with the Incredible.

If it were me I'd take the X because in my book it ain't a real Droid unless it says Motorola on it.

zMd113

Reaction score
Yes the INCREDIBLE will be able to shoot video in 720p when the update arrives within the next 2 or 3 weeks.
It also has a video cable to hook up to your TV to watch videos as well.
I also agree that the Incredible looks awesome!
By the way the X can't show copyrighted content through the HDMI cable so don't get any ideas...for now.

Last edited: