I have a "black" void sticker on my thunderbolt

pattyk999

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm swapping my Thunderbolt for a refurbished one (mine would not always charge to 100%). While switching the SIM card, I noticed a tiny "white" void sticker on the "New" refurbished phone sitting on top of a screw. I checked my current phone (the one I'm sending back) and it had a "black" void sticker over the screw. I assumed that this black meant "water damage", even though I haven't had any water damage (besides it used to turn RED if water damaged).
Like a ding dong, I scratched off the little black "void" circle sticker (and it came off very easily, without any resistance at all).
So now I'm returning this phone with NO void sticker. Will Verizon inspect my original phone, see no sticker, and immediately charge me as if it is water damaged? Is there another sticker inside the phone which could prove that I don't have the damage?
Please help!
Thank you so much,
Patty Kaufman

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Is that one of those stickers that when removed voids the warranty? IE you have to damage/remove the sticker to get to the screw to open the phone which voids the warranty?

OP
P

pattyk999

Reaction score
Is that one of those stickers that when removed voids the warranty? IE you have to damage/remove the sticker to get to the screw to open the phone which voids the warranty?

Oh no!!! That makes sense? Are you aware of any way that I can explain myself and therefore not have my warranty voided? I honestly didn't take the phone apart.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
IMO, I would GUESS that if the sticker looks like it hasn't been removed you should be fine.

OP
P

pattyk999

Reaction score
Thanks again! I'm not sure if it "looks like it hasn't been removed", since there is no sticker anymore. I'll have to hope for the best. Thank you for your help! Patty K