Droid Incredible OC'ed to 1.5ghz?? Possible Root?

Darkseider

Reaction score
There is a gentlemen that is known from the Droid Community and is claiming that he has a partial Root and has overclocked his friends Droid to 1.5ghz and is working on a 2ghz kernel

HTC Incredible Overclocked to 1.5 ghz! Next step 2.0 ghz... | Nine By Six

LOL! Assuming that this is the same part as in the Nexus One only the CDMA variant there is no way in hell it is hitting 2 Ghz, let alone 1.5 Ghz. The Nexus One has been OC'ed to 1.113 Ghz and anything above that has been completely unstable and/or non-bootable. I generally get excited over news like this but this seems to be a bit too far fetched.

Last edited:

BzB

Reaction score
don't think i'll need to oc the incredible. the only things i need root for right now is to control the led color, get wifi tethering, and remove that blasted cityid app.

an oc'd incredible would probably bring even the largest extended battery available to its knees. lol

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
don't think i'll need to oc the incredible. the only things i need root for right now is to control the led color, get wifi tethering, and remove that blasted cityid app.

an oc'd incredible would probably bring even the largest extended battery available to its knees. lol

:biggrin: This is true.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
oy... from what i read in his post... he compiled the kernel without even having the device?

come on jake, don't mess with the community!

jatyro91

Reaction score
oy... from what i read in his post... he compiled the kernel without even having the device?

come on jake, don't mess with the community!

He did say he compiled it for his friends device. Idk, its a possibility. I'm not gonna call the guy a liar, but I definitely wish there was more details and/or pictures to back him up.

R24D24

Reaction score
Even if this where true, I'm not sure why it is needed to oc the processor. It's plenty fast for me TBH, and it will just cause you to charge the battery every 2 hours lol. I don't believe this is true, but again and more importantly... who cares if it is?

WhosToBlame

Reaction score
It's ALIVE! This thread is back from the dead!

Ok on a serious note, you should check out xda-developers for hydra kernels. I think they are 1.25ghz and some at 1ghz under-volt.