Droid Incredible not connecting and keep asking for passwords

Rainybear

Reaction score
I have the Droid Incredible, I got it last Friday. I'm still getting use to it, but I attempted to add my other email to it and it won't connect and keeps asking for my password. The same thing goes for my Google account. It also uses those things were they're making sure your a person and I can hardly read them on my phone, but I know several times I did them correctly and it kept asking me for it and making me do the password and checking thing over and over. Now I tired to connect to my wireless router which is in my room and I'm typing in the password for the router correctly and it keeps asking me for this. Does anyone know how to fix this? Please help.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
sounds like your trying to access your mail on the browser. there are email and gmail apps that you use to access your email and are a lot simpler than using the browser\

and for wifi, go into settings>connections to manage your wifi

OP
R

Rainybear

Reaction score
sounds like your trying to access your mail on the browser. there are email and gmail apps that you use to access your email and are a lot simpler than using the browser\

and for wifi, go into settings>connections to manage your wifi

I use the gmail and mail icon, it keeps asking me for my password.

It didn't work. It keeps asking me for the password over and over

schoust

Reaction score
Get the app for the the Gmail or....As was stated it will be a whole lot easier to access your e-mail over the browser. Ask me how I know........

OP
R

Rainybear

Reaction score
okay, but what about the connection problem I'm having.. is anyone having that problem?

schoust

Reaction score
That's odd? When you set up your Wifi connection did it ask you what type you had? The reason I ask is that is something that has to be done too. Most home set ups are Wep key encryption. Is this what you have?

OP
R

Rainybear

Reaction score
Uh I don't know, but the logging in email thing happened before i tried to connect to the wifi and then i couldn't log into my google account to buy something on the market..
then i tried the wifi each time i tried to log into something or write a password it'd ask me for it over and over

schoust

Reaction score
As Abe stated go to the wireless section and start over with all that you have entered. It's all self explanatory. Just manage your wifi connections as needed.

OP
R

Rainybear

Reaction score
Its not letting me it just keeps asking me for the password

chaz.ring

Reaction score
So......... Back up everything to your sd card and reset the phone to factory settings....you've obviously changed something that should not be changed..... maybe wait for someone to back me on this though.:icon_eek:

chaz.ring

Reaction score
i don't think i have an sd card..

huh??? mine came with an 8gig card. Remove the backplate. With the phone upsidedown, and the camera facing furthest from you the sd card slot should be down in the left hand corner on the side of the phone...check to see if ya got one.