Droid Incredible 2 Not 4G, But Still Good

thorazine1699

Reaction score
Do you have to pay for the mobile hotspot? If so then...no thanks.
Mobile Hotspot will ALWAYS be a paid feature from now on. If you aren't paying for it, you're doing everyone else on the network a huge disservice by bogging it down illegally.

Don't be a jerk. If you use it, pay for it.

Hmm when I signed my contract through Verizon I signed up for unlimited data. I believe that's the key word is unlimited. No matter how I use the data on on my phone be it on its browser or using it as a tether I'm paying for unlimited data use. Now if Verizon wants to amend that contract ill be happy to take business elsewhere but I always thought unlimited meant unlimited whether its 100 MB or 100 gig its unlimited.

sb1831

Reaction score
Do you have to pay for the mobile hotspot? If so then...no thanks.
Mobile Hotspot will ALWAYS be a paid feature from now on. If you aren't paying for it, you're doing everyone else on the network a huge disservice by bogging it down illegally.

The ones doing the disservice are the ones who are using like 10-20 gigs a month. I use the rooted wifi hotspot app and use maybe 2 gigs a month total.......am I a jerk for using 2 gigs. Maybe you shouldn't group everyone who uses free wifi tether together. I get really tired of people like you coming on this site and whining about people who tether for free.

It's his opinion. He's entitled to it. I think you're a thief. I'm permitted to think that.

Wadman

Reaction score

The ones doing the disservice are the ones who are using like 10-20 gigs a month. I use the rooted wifi hotspot app and use maybe 2 gigs a month total.......am I a jerk for using 2 gigs. Maybe you shouldn't group everyone who uses free wifi tether together. I get really tired of people like you coming on this site and whining about people who tether for free.

It's his opinion. He's entitled to it. I think you're a thief. I'm permitted to think that.

I will say one thing about this comment and then I'm done. To go onto a website and call names shows how intelligent you really are. I am not a thief. I pay $250 a month for service from verizon for 2 phone lines and a netbook. The only time I use wifi tether is when I cant get a 3g signal on my netbook. I don't play games...I don't stream videos...I simply use it for convenience when traveling or whenever signal is hard to come by. You are entitled to an opinion...but you aren't entitled to throw the term thief around so lightly. I'm sorry that you think that about me. If you met me, you might change your mind. I am am elementary school teacher and the first thing I tell my students at the beginning of the year is that I don't tolerate name calling, or making fun of someone else. These are 7 and 8 year olds. They call names...I expect it from them. Not from adults. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Detonation

Reaction score

I will say one thing about this comment and then I'm done. To go onto a website and call names shows how intelligent you really are. I am not a thief. I pay $250 a month for service from verizon for 2 phone lines and a netbook. The only time I use wifi tether is when I cant get a 3g signal on my netbook. I don't play games...I don't stream videos...I simply use it for convenience when traveling or whenever signal is hard to come by. You are entitled to an opinion...but you aren't entitled to throw the term thief around so lightly. I'm sorry that you think that about me. If you met me, you might change your mind. I am am elementary school teacher and the first thing I tell my students at the beginning of the year is that I don't tolerate name calling, or making fun of someone else. These are 7 and 8 year olds. They call names...I expect it from them. Not from adults. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

You're forgetting that this is the internet, where the maturity and behavior are well below what you'd find in an elementary classroom.

i can read

Reaction score
It's his opinion. He's entitled to it. I think you're a thief. I'm permitted to think that.[/QUOTE]

If you call him a thief then you should call Verizon a conartist because they are getting you to pay twice for the same thing. Don't get me wrong though I don't tether my phone at all because it's illegal but I'm not going to pay twicefor the Internet I can get in one payment.

I have a question about the new sense feature on how it will silence a call if you flip it over. How well willthis work especially in a pocket?

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
OK, enough about tethering everyone. This is about the phone itself. Please, no more debate about tethering. We have enough other threads about that. The subject is polarizing, no doubt. Please keep remarks to the phone and not tethering. I would really appreciate it.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I have a question about the new sense feature on how it will silence a call if you flip it over. How well willthis work especially in a pocket?

I believe it will have that function. I've had it on several ROM's with my Incredible and it actually works really well. I've never caught it giving me issues with carrying in my pocket that I can recall. I'll keep an eye out, but believe it will be fine on that front.

Wadman

Reaction score
OK, enough about tethering everyone. This is about the phone itself. Please, no more debate about tethering. We have enough other threads about that. The subject is polarizing, no doubt. Please keep remarks to the phone and not tethering. I would really appreciate it.

My apologies. I just hate name calling. My sister in law has the DINC1 and she loves it other than the battery life. My wife actually has an upgrade coming up and she wants an HTC phone after messing with her sisters phone. We won't have 4g anytime soon so whether it's LTE or not really doesn't matter to us. This phone is a lot like the thunderbolt but my wife messed with a tbolt at verizon and didnt like the size of it. She likes my DX because of the screen but still thinks its too big. I told her to wait on a phone that comes out with a 4 inch screen so hopefully these specs are correct. Sorry for getting off topic. I actually was going to comment on this thread and then got side tracked.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Don't sweat it. I have gotten caught up in the arguments as well. And I promise I will keep an eye on the name calling in the future

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk

sb1831

Reaction score

If you call him a thief then you should call Verizon a conartist because they are getting you to pay twice for the same thing. Don't get me wrong though I don't tether my phone at all because it's illegal but I'm not going to pay twicefor the Internet I can get in one payment.

I have a question about the new sense feature on how it will silence a call if you flip it over. How well willthis work especially in a pocket?[/QUOTE]

I make a conscious decision to have my wireless service through Verizon. So although Verizon may be screwing me, I still go through them because they provide the best service for me and I'm willing to pay the premium for it.

As far as another poster being a thief, I stand by my original statement. When i purchased my last phone they asked me if i wanted to add wireless tethering to my account(why is beyond me I bought it outright, obviously I like things the way they are.). I chose not to because I have broadband and a wireless router at home and the office. They wouldn't have asked me if I wanted the tethering option if it wasn't implied that the unlimited day was for use on my phone only.

Yes I have unlimited data. I can send and receive emails with attachments, download music, files, etc. on my phone. I don't expect unlimited to include every device in my household, nor should I. The unlimited date is for my PHONE to use, in a manner typically associated with the device. That doesn't include tethering if I just have data and no tethering.

To believe that I would be doing anything but stealing service if I were to do so is ignorant.

Inverse

Reaction score

Of course you're permitted to think like a moron, and be wrong and all sorts of other things~ go right on ahead. Nobody is really talking about your capacity to think critically.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Enough debate about tethering. Stop now. Only reason I'm not doing more is I am stuck in traffic. Please don't make me go after projet when I get home.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk