Droid Incredible 2 Not 4G, But Still Good

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

The Droid Incredible 2 has been anticipated for months now, with constant leaks and release date rumors, this new official document leak shows some legit information for those potential buyers. The device that should be released either this month or next, according to another leak, will also be released as a world phone. The phone will run on both CDMA and GSM, something Qualcomm has been working on, and will allow you to communicate even better while in the United States or anywhere else in the world. The phone will also add a front facing camera, 16GB of SD card memory, presumable a faster processor, but sadly will charge you for that ever so popular 3G hotspot capability. The phone will not be 4G like Miami had already told us, but hopefully will have something along the line of Gingerbread coming soon. Regardless of this fact, I am sure many are still pretty excited for Verizon and HTC to drop the latest and maybe even the greatest next generation Droid Incredible.

• [FONT=&quot]World phone[/FONT][FONT=&quot] -- that means GSM and CDMA radios, for use in the United States on Verizon as well as abroad.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]New 1.3MP front-facing camera[/FONT][FONT=&quot] to go along with the 8MP rear camera.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Pre-installed 16GB microsSD card.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]DLNA media sharing.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]New Sync & Connect feature[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. Not sure if that's an HTC or Verizon customization, but it "will provivde multiple e-mail and address books in one place." The service will be up and running on April 12, and "will be on the Incredible 2 once it launches." So don't look for the DInc 2 before then.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]3G mobile hotspot will be an extra $20 for 20GB[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. That's either some really good pricing, or a typo.[/FONT]

For more discussions, be sure to visit the Incredible 2 Forum here: Droid Incredible 2 Forum
Source: Android Central

MegaThrasher

Reaction score
I hoooe its 20 for 20 gigs. Maybe some tetherers'll actually pay for that.

Sent from my Droid 2 Global running Fission 2.4.3

TeeX

Reaction score
screen size? processor speed?
If it came with GB I'd seriously consider it. I also hope they improve the battery life on this - I've read lots of places HTC phones have bad battery life?

Beardface

Reaction score
Do you have to pay for the mobile hotspot? If so then...no thanks.
Mobile Hotspot will ALWAYS be a paid feature from now on. If you aren't paying for it, you're doing everyone else on the network a huge disservice by bogging it down illegally.

Don't be a jerk. If you use it, pay for it.

creaky

Reaction score
Presuming this is not dual-core, I'll pass. The global radio is a great thing, though.

loki993

Reaction score
If it came with GB I'd seriously consider it. I also hope they improve the battery life on this - I've read lots of places HTC phones have bad battery life?

Its 4 inch. It uses the same processor at the TB. Its basically a shrunk TB without 4G.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

Its 4 inch. It uses the same processor at the TB. Its basically a shrunk TB without 4G.

You've nailed it. They are aiming for a rather specific niche that I think may do well for them. It's not quite as large as the TB and should be better on battery without 4G, plus world phone capable. So this might actually be a pretty good handset. And with the OC capabilities that have been found on the TB, those should be pretty directly applicable for this unit, so I don't think the processor is necessarily a weak point in it.

loki993

Reaction score

You've nailed it. They are aiming for a rather specific niche that I think may do well for them. It's not quite as large as the TB and should be better on battery without 4G, plus world phone capable. So this might actually be a pretty good handset. And with the OC capabilities that have been found on the TB, those should be pretty directly applicable for this unit, so I don't think the processor is necessarily a weak point in it.

Not at all, in fact Id probally consider it a strong point. It should be a rocket. I would seriously consider it if it had 4g

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Seems like companies are starting to crank out handsets with a few different features pretty easily and effectively now....I wonder how long before they start offering made to order so everyone can get the phone that perfectly suits their needs (and wallet).

Wadman

Reaction score
Mobile Hotspot will ALWAYS be a paid feature from now on. If you aren't paying for it, you're doing everyone else on the network a huge disservice by bogging it down illegally.

The ones doing the disservice are the ones who are using like 10-20 gigs a month. I use the rooted wifi hotspot app and use maybe 2 gigs a month total.......am I a jerk for using 2 gigs. Maybe you shouldn't group everyone who uses free wifi tether together. I get really tired of people like you coming on this site and whining about people who tether for free.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
my personal thoughts

The ones doing the disservice are the ones who are using like 10-20 gigs a month. I use the rooted wifi hotspot app and use maybe 2 gigs a month total.......am I a jerk for using 2 gigs. Maybe you shouldn't group everyone who uses free wifi tether together. I get really tired of people like you coming on this site and whining about people who tether for free.

I don't tether on my TB, but if I did, I surely wouldn't feel guilty for using the internet that I'm already paying for. Why should I have to pay $20 more on top of the $30 so that I can connect my laptop to a 3G network that moves like dial up. But with the 4G being as fast as they say it is, I think there is a stronger case to be made about paying a little more to use a laptop over the network. The 4G appears to be faster than the average home users dsl or cable connection.